Luis Urbina, our Business Analyst at Love Home Swap, sat down for a chat with us...
1. What did you do before Love Home Swap?
I worked in IT for a variety of Finance companies and prior to that in several airlines in different operational roles.
2. If your family and (or) friends could describe you in three words, what would they be?
Nomad, eclectic, chatterbox.
3. Which places have you been to in the past?
Peru, Chile, Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, the U.S.A., Japan, Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, China, Morocco, Kenya, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, Turkey, Greece.
4. Which of these would you say was your favourite destination and why?
Cuzco, Peru (a.k.a Qosqo) - It is the old capital of the Incas, it has a unique historic atmosphere and most people in the surrounding countryside are very hospitable and welcoming.
5. What do you like to do in your free time?
Besides the usual stuff (spending time with friends, a good book, cooking) I like running, hiking, walking the dog, photography, amateur astronomy, soldering and microelectronics - hopefully not all at the same time!!
6. What would be your dream swap?
A house in a peaceful location with easy access to the wilderness. Or an artist's flat in an eclectic city. I couldn't help but pick a couple of dream destinations on the site including Brazil; a place that is on my bucket list, and Colorado, Hawaii, Lamu & Bali, places that I wouldn't going back to again and again and again.
7. Any travel tips accumulated through your travels?
Plan ahead. Be patient. Read about your destination. Leave time and space to improvise. Enjoy some of the main sights but make sure you also explore places that are off the beaten track.
8. If you could have three people to dinner, who would it be and what would be at the table?
Carl Sagan, Gabriel Garcia Marquez and the Dalai Lama.
9. And lastly, a random fact about yourself?
I have more than 30 cousins.
Better holidays for homeowners
Love Home Swap is the world’s largest online travel club. Holiday like a local — stay in amazing homes and enjoy insider tips from a community of helpful hosts
- Most homes, Best locations
- Over 180,000 local travel tips
- Most flexible travel options
- Safe and secure
- Trusted community