Travel Tuesday: Top Ten US Cities to Visit
Thinking of visiting the US but don't know where to go? Take a look at the top 10 US cities and decide which ones you want to travel to: 1) New York City, NY: It is impossible to see all of what NYC has to offer but there are some places that are...
1) New York City, NY: It is impossible to see all of what NYC has to offer but there are some places that are worth visiting: Metropolitan Museum of Art, Highline: elevated railway transformed into a public park, and top of the Rock Observation Deck.
2) San Francisco, California: The leading financial and cultural center of Northern California, the top attractions of this city are: Cable Car Museum, Alcatraz, and Golden Gate Bridge.
3) Chicago, Illinois: Known as the windy city, Chicago is full of modern art, fine dining, comedy, and die-hard sports fan. Visit Lake Michigan, Museum of Science and Industry, and Cloud Gate for "The Bean."
4) Las Vegas, Nevada: The Entertainment Capital of the World, the city has many things to do for everyone whether it be shopping, gambling or even fine dining. The must sees attractions are: Parasol Up Parasol Down at Wynn Las Vegas, Forum Shops at Caesars Palace and Bellagio Fountains.
5) Orlando, Florida: Besides being the home to multiple thrilling theme parks like Disney World and Universal Studios, Orlando also has places great for relaxing such as visiting the Harry P. Leu Gardens.
6) Washington, DC: The capital of the United States, the city is the hub for American politics and history. The city offers tons of museums, monuments and memorials such as Newseum, Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool, and Capitol Hill.
7) Boston, Massachusetts: One of the oldest cities in the United States, the city has some of the most important historical sites. Take a walk on the Freedom Trail that will lead to 17 historical sites, catch a game at Fenway Park, or even head to the North End for wonderful restaurants.
8) Los Angeles, California: Nicknamed the City of Angels, Los Angeles is known to be a global city with strengths in business, international trade, culture, fashion, entertainment and many more. Top places to visit in LA are The Getty Center, Universal Studios Hollywood, and Nethercutt Museum, displaying collections of cars from 1910s to 1930s, furniture, dolls, and mechanical musical instruments.
9) Honolulu, Hawaii: Known worldwide as a major tourist hot spot, the Honolulu not only offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the world but also beaches and historical sites. Some of the best attractions includes: Pearl harbor/WW II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, Koko Head Crater Trail Hike, and Iolani Palace.
10) New Orleans, Louisiana: Famous for its Bourbon Street, taking a stroll down the historic French Quarter is a must. Other places to visit are: Royal Street and Voodoo Museum.