“What an amazing experience! This was our first swap and we could not have hoped for it to have gone so well! Thank you to a kind and generous family for allowing us the privilege of making their home ours for a week. The family were so helpful, the instructions that they left were so easy to understand and they just made everything so easy. It felt like such a pity that they weren't home so that we could get to know them ourselves :)”
Stunning home on the Swan River
Stunning home on the Swan River
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 5 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 4 baths
About our home
WE ARE CURRENTLY INTERESTED IN A SWAP (POINTS OR OTHERWISE) TO THE BYRON BAY AREA FOR JANUARY 2018.
We moved into our beautiful home, “Coffee Point House” in April last year and pinch ourselves every day! It is so magical we would be thrilled to share it with you. She is almost a quarter of a century old but is oozing with so much character you will think she is a great deal older. She looks out onto the beautiful Swan River and South of Perth Yacht Club.
The chef’s kitchen, if you choose to use it, is fitted with a five burner gas cook top and electric oven and grill. There is a dishwasher should you choose not to gaze at the stunning view and wash your dishes by hand. The Butler’s Pantry is fully stocked and contains your toaster, kettle, tea pots and coffee plungers and your Nespresso machine.
During your stay your biggest dilemma will be where to enjoy your meals, tea, coffee or evening glass of champagne! The private upstairs balcony with seating for two, the secret lounge seating on the front porch for up to four, the gorgeous turreted rear dining area with a table for six or eight guests or the eight seater family dining table with views of the River?
The ground floor has beautifully polished jarrah floorboards. All of the five bedrooms are carpeted and all four bathrooms have marble flooring. Two of the bathrooms have beautiful deep baths to relax in! The guest bathroom on the ground floor has a shower and is accessible from the garage if you were to come straight up from the River and need to wash off, before entering the main house.
The master bedroom with enormous ensuite and queen bed has beautiful French doors that open up to your private seating where you can enjoy watching the comings and goings of motor boats and yachts on the river. It is particularly beautiful in the morning; make sure you draw the curtains back as soon as you wake! Another stunning time is around sunset when you can enjoy the view with the changing colours reflected on the water.
The second bedroom is beautifully decorated and has a king single bed. It also has stunning views of the river!
The third bedroom is huge! It has a single bed but has plenty of room for extra beds should you desire!
The fourth bedroom is also very large with a single bed and an ensuite; again there is plenty of room for extra bedding.
The fifth bedroom has a lovely king sized ensemble.
The theatre room on the ground floor has extremely comfortable seating for five but up to seven or eight and everyone can put their feet up! It is set up for normal television viewing, Netflix or AppleTV.
The kitchen, dining, lounge and bar area on the ground floor is open plan, with a wood fire and the double French doors open up to a beautiful big yard, turreted dining area with BBQ and teppanyaki grill.
You are welcome to use the crab nets, fishing gear, bikes, scooters, netball and basketball hoops, kayaks, SUP, boogie boards and trampoline at your own risk.
“Coffee Point House” is the perfect spot to experience Perth. Come home from a day exploring the beauty of Perth, her beaches just 15 minutes away, with a glass of wine on the porch or balcony purchased from the Swan Valley wine region just 20 mins away. The local dolphins might even come and say hello. The location could not be better, with easy transport to the heart of the city and walking distance to shops, Applecross Village, cafes, restaurants and bars.
Let our home be yours.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We have 3 children aged 16,14 and 10.
- Mark is a Chartered Accountant and Mary is a teacher.
- We love being close to water, the countryside or ski fields.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Jacs, Cocos, Bistro Guillaume, Modo Mio, Nobu
- Cool bars
- Bad Apples, Raffles, Waterfront @ Hillary's Boat Harbour
- Cozy cafés
- Cioccolato, C15, Coffea Applecross Village
- Retail therapy
- Applecross Village, Claremont Quarter, Napolean St Cottesloe, Market St Fremantle
- Bit of culture
- Art Gallery of WA, Heath Ledger Theatre, Fremantle Prison Tours, Fremantle History Tours
- Walks in the park
- Cross the road! Look out for the dolphins! A beautiful walk day or night! Heathcote Park up the road, Kings Park (wildflowers Sept/Oct, Cottsloe Beach at Sunset. Check out Perth's brand new Elizabeth Quay!
- Spot of exercise
- Feel free to use our bikes to ride along the beautiful Swan River and stop at one of the many cafes. Cross the raod for a jog. You are welcome to use our 3 kayaks or our SUP. Hire a tennis court at the riverfront Applecross Tennis Club. Royal Perth Golf Club. Hire a cattamaran on the South Perth foreshore.
- Day tripping
- Rottnest, Swan Valley Wine Region, Fremantle, Hillarys Boat Harbour. Throw your Star Wars gear on and take an awesome photo at Cervantes and then tour the lobster farm. Take a sunset sail on the Llewin tall ship. Assist on a yacht at the South of Perth Yacht Club across the road.
You may also like
We are looking for swaps or point bookings anywhere in Europe, Scandinavia, USA or Canada. In fact will consider anywhere. We are retired and therefore very...
Our two story home overlooks the river at the front and has a large tropical garden and swimming pool at the rear. Upstairs there are four bedrooms,...
A fabulous beach house completed late 2009. The house sits high on a dune with unobstructed views of the Indian Ocean. The beach is just a few seconds...