Our home was build in 2000 with modern clean architecture that immediately makes for a family home. We are within easy reach of both the Gold Coast, Theme...
Large architect designed heritage home
Large architect designed heritage home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 5 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 3 baths
About our home
This classic 'Queenslander' heritage style home was completely rebuilt with modern fitout in 2008 to suit our family of 5. Our home features 2 stories, 5 large bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 entertaining lounge/areas, large rear entertaining deck with BBQ overlooking a beautiful Poinciana tree and garden. All areas of the house have overhead fans as well as ducted air conditioning. The kitchen on the second storey opens up onto a large lounge/TV room and the rear entertaining deck, has all modern appliances with gas tepanyaki stove, dishwasher, microwave and espresso machine.
The 3 bedrooms on the second storey consist of 1 large bedroom with 2 single beds, 1 bedroom with king single bed opening onto the front deck and the main bedroom with king size bed and ensuite. There is another modern bathroom on the second storey.
The ground floor area has a large lounge/TV room and sofa that can be converted to an additional bed. There are 2 bedrooms, one with queen size bed and the other with king single bed and a modern bathroom also on the ground floor. There is a ping pong table on the rear patio and a small set of weights if you are keen.
The great feature about our home is that it is central to everything that South East Queensland has to offer.The house is located within the leafy inner city circle of Bardon, Brisbane, at the foothills of Mt Coot-tha which have an abundance of hiking trails within walking distance from the home. There is public transport to the city within a 200m walk. The Rosalie café , bar and restaurant precinct is a 2o min walk away. The city centre and other great café and restaurant precincts are a short 10 min drive away. Our home is centrally located to the famous Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast beaches which are a 1hr drive away, or head to Stradbroke and Moreton Islands- you are on the islands within 2hrs. Enjoy!
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We are a family of 5, three fantastic children aged 18,16,13
- Brad is an engineer and Ann-Maree is an early childhood teacher
- We all love to travel
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Rosalie and Rainworth cafes and restaurants within a 20min walk. Paddington, The Barracks, Park Avenue cafe/bar precincts and of course the city centre close by within 10min drive
- Cool bars
- Paddington, The Barracks, Rosalie and the city centre
- Cozy cafés
- Rosalie cafes/bars a 20 min walk away or Rainworths cafe's 10 min walk
- Retail therapy
- Indooroopilly Shopping town and the city centre 10min drive away
- Bit of culture
- 10 min drive to the cultural centre of Southbank with the GOMA museum and Queensland Performing Arts Centre and theatres
- Walks in the park
- Walk to Southbank near West End along the Brisbane River pedestrian and cycleways, bush walks in Mt Coot-tha
- Spot of exercise
- Set of weights and a ping pong table on the ground floor or the local bush walks at the foothills of Mt Coot-tha on your doorstep, walk to Southbank via the Brisbane River pedestrian and cycleway
- Day tripping
- Gold Coast's famous beaches, Sunshine Coast/Noosa beaches and rainforests an 1hr away. Stradbroke and Moreton Islands -on the islands and its beaches within 2hrs via the ferry. Movieword, Dreamworld and Wet n Wild theme parks 45 min.
You may also like
My home was completed in June 2016 and is in the suburb of Tewantin on the beautiful sunshine coast. House is new, with fully-ducted reverse-cycle...
Our beautiful home sits on top of a hill with surrounding mountain views and bush on one side providing a calm retreat. Our home is only 5 years old, double...