Our home is a Edwardian double fronted house in a brilliant location in the inner city suburb of Camberwell. An affluent, friendly and family focused suburb...
Lovely Victorian home with pool
Lovely Victorian home with pool
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
Our Victorian home was built in 1895, recently renovated and has a pool. We have lots of space for relaxed indoor-outdoor living. The open plan kitchen-dining-living area overlooks the pool and back garden. We have great hydronic heating to keep us cosy in winter and the rear of the house has air conditioning for summer (though we don't need it at the front of the house as it stays cool).
Our home is located in Camberwell just 6km from Melbourne's CBD. Camberwell is a leafy suburb, with lots to do locally. The famous Camberwell bric-a-brac market is held just a couple of blocks away every Sunday. There is also the monthly farmers' market. Burke Road is literally just around the corner with shops, restaurants, cafes and cinema.
Our home is a 3 minute walk from the train station (with direct train to CBD) and trams. No need for a car if you are happy to use public transport.
Melbourne is famous for its food and coffee; there are hundreds (thousands?) of restaurants and cafes to discover, with a strong emphasis on locally, organically and ethically grown produce. There are also loads of parks and gardens, the Yarra River, international sporting events, galleries and museums. We are also perfectly situated for day trips to the coast, places to see wildlife, bush walks, picnics, cute country towns. Everything!
This is a great base to explore all that Melbourne has to offer. Adults or families are welcome.
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We are a couple with two well behaved young children. They respect and care for their home and we would do the same for yours.
- We have access to another house so exchanges need not be simultaneous
- You could come here during our summer or to one of Melbourne's big events such as the tennis, cricket or grand prix
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- St Katherines, Daruma, Italy I
- Cool bars
- Where to begin?
- Cozy cafés
- Even more cafes than bars! Artisan organic bakery
- Retail therapy
- Burke Road shopping precinct is at the end of the street
- Bit of culture
- National Gallery, Federation Square, Heidi
- Walks in the park
- Melbourne has parks everywhere
- Spot of exercise
- Swimming, cycling, walking, tennis, anything is possible (except maybe skiing!)
- Day tripping
- All of the local beaches, penguins at Philip Island, wildlife at Healsville Sanctuary and Melbourne Zoo, Dandenongs, Great Ocean Road
You may also like
Looking for a swap to England in mid September 2016! Spring is a beautiful time to visit Melbourne. Our home is a 12 year old duplex two-storey family home...
Our stunning home has 3 rooms and sleeps 6 or 7 people with 2 bathrooms. The house is close to vibrant St Kilda and right in the middle of Elwood village...