*** STAY WITH POINTS 6TH-16TH NOVEMBER*** Our luxurious four bedroom family home with an outdoor entertainment area complete with a wood-fired pizza oven and...
Federation, 4 bedroom family home, fully renovated
Federation, 4 bedroom family home, fully renovated
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 baths
About our home
We renovated our home four years ago, maintaining all the beautful period features with leadlight glass and lovely timber work. It has four bedrooms three of which are really large and all with wardrobes. It will sleep 7, with two bathrooms and a separate sitting room where we keep our computer and have a reading nook and room for our musical instruments which would include a piano for the musicians amoungst you. Open plan kitchen dining with dishwasher and laundry off the kitchen and lounge room which opens onto our back deck has made this house fabulous to live in. We have a large yard with a spring free trampoline and outdoor table tennis table. We renovated with an eco-friendly commitment so the air flow works well with cross ventilation during summer, we have underfloor heating for winter. For the muscians amoungst you we also have a piano.
We have an excellent bus service into the city at the end of our street and we are situated only 10km from the CBD and a short 5min drive to the ferry service into the city across the beautiful Sydney Harbour and a 7 minute walk to the shops in Gladesville. The Gladesville shops are a good size centre and then there is a 10 - 15 minute walk to the Hunters Hill shops which have a village feel, offering a great cafe lifestyle as well as all the basic amentites. We are in the Hunters Hill Council area so we border with the leafy Hunters HIll, where there is further access to a ferry service at Woolwich, a lawn tennis association and lovely harbour parks. In fact this is where we watch the famous Sydney New Year's eve fireworks from in a really family friendly environment supported by free local bus service to manage the crowds in and out of the Peninsula. Another bonus of the area is that we are a short distance from the ANZ stadium at Homebush where there is a first class aquatic centre, archery tennis hockey -the list goes on and large venue for major sporting fixtures and music events. Our location makes attendance at these events effortless, we recently enjoyed watching the Davis Cup tennis there, taking 15minutes door to door. We are also lucky to be close to excellent primary and high schools in the area and are situated in a family friendly suburb. Gladesville is a great location to explore NSW from and we spend time travelling up and down the coast and enjoying the scenic Blue Mountains. We have a household of pets and would welcome your own animals. We are also interested in the idea of including a car swap if this is workable for you. We look forward to hearing from you, we are particularly interested in a swap between January and April of 2017. Kind regards FIona and Wayne
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We are a family of four, interested in music and travel
- We love tennis and horse riding, and are very much interested in gardening and cooking
- We also adore our pets
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The restaurants abound with Thai, Italian, Indian, Modern Cuisine, Greek street fair all in walking distance
- Cool bars
- We have several pubs, both newly renovated with areas for family's and for those who seek a more cosy evening. One bar in particular hosts a range of music
- Cozy cafés
- Cafes - there are many choices both at Gladesville and Hunters Hill with a range of food options
- Retail therapy
- Our main shopping hub is getting a make over at the moment but there is a great range of local stores and some of the bigger chains
- Bit of culture
- Gladesville has a growing community vibe with a local community garden, and regular annual street feasts, movie and dining nights. We have local choirs, through to
- Walks in the park
- We have an excellent area for walks, with easy access to the Harbour from our home, with a dog we are pretty experienced local walkers and would be happy to provide lots of information about walks in the area though our hosehold introductino booklet
- Spot of exercise
- Our suburb connects with the NSe Cycleways, being on the water there is great access to the local Yacht club. There is a great range of gyms ranging from those with 24 hour access where you manage your own motivation through to large leisure centres which offer tennis indoor pools squash and a range of fitness classes as well as dining options for the busy person
- Day tripping
- Gladesville has great access up and down the coast of NSW and also out to the beautiful Blue Mountains. We have good access to the Northern Beaches and of course great access to the beautiful Sydney Harbour foreshore
You may also like
We have lived here for over 21 years.we are empty nesters and now want to do more traveling and making our large family home available while we are away.our...
3 bedroom penthouse apartment in the heart of Sydney opposite Hyde Park. All rooms with queen size beds. Large balcony, rooftop pool and spa, sauna and gym....