“Perfect location, we loved Fitzroy and its many great cafes and restaruants and it was an easy tram ride into the city. The apartment and Ineke's communication was great. She made a long an early trip from the country to meet us. ”
Fitzroy, Melbourne, City Apt-close to everything!
Fitzroy, Melbourne, City Apt-close to everything!
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 baths
About our home
Please look at the calendar before you make a request!! Minimum of 3 nights.
We use the apartment as our City retreat as we live permanently approximately 150 kms SE of Melbourne in the South Gippsland area. So it is fully equipped and has secure parking in an underground car park should you need it.
The City of Melbourne has been voted the "world's most liveable city" several times in the last ten years and is, without doubt, also the sporting, shopping and cultural centre of Australia. Whatever your passion, Melbourne is a great place to visit and no matter what time of the year you are able to go, you will always find plenty happening. From the spring horse racing carnival in November to the Australian Open Grand Slam Tennis in January and the Formula 1 Grand Prix as well as the international Food and Wine Festival in March, there is something for all tastes. Melbourne is also a great starting point from which to explore greater Melbourne and the sights of the state of Victoria, such as the Penguin Parade on Philip Island, the natural beauty of Wilson’s Promontory, the wonderful vistas of the Great Ocean Road and its surfing beaches, the old goldfields of Ballarat, the paddle steamers on the great Murray River, and the award winning wine regions of the Yarra Valley and Rutherglen.
Situated in the lively area of Fitzroy, just north of the Melbourne CBD, our top floor city apartment offers full reverse cycle air-conditioned accommodation comprising two bedrooms and an open plan kitchen and living area that opens to a balcony with views over the City. The main bedroom has a queen size bed and direct access to the bathroom as well as its own rear balcony; the second bedroom has two single beds. Both bedrooms have built in wardrobes and face into the complex’ internal courtyard.
Melbourne is famous worldwide for its tram system and the #11 tram stops right outside our apartment block, from where it is only a short 10 minute ride to the centre of the City. There are numerous restaurants, cafes and bars within easy walking distance and you can be guaranteed to be able to satisfy your culinary cravings regardless of the cuisine.
- Vacation Home
- Air conditioning
- No pets
“We loved this apartment, it is light and spacious with excellent views over the Melbourne skyline. The photos really don't do it justice. It is surrounded by bars and restaurants and in a very trendy area, surprisingly it is also very quiet as it is on the top floor and well away from the noise of the street. It is close enough to the centre to walk in or alternatively the tram is right outside the front of the building. We spent a very enjoyable two weeks here, thanks Ineke. I hope we will see you next time we are in Melbourne.”
“Ineke was a wonderful hostess, she was waiting for us at checkin and gave us many great tips for making the most of our time in Melbourne. She included many extras like maps, transit cards and a bottle of wine. The location of the flat was splendid, we walked or used transit for everything. The flat was also well stocked for cooking and comfort. The coffee machine was a real treat. We would stay here again for sure. Thanks Ineke. ”
“Fabulous city pad right on vibrant Brunswick street. Clean and cosy apartment with all the comforts of home. Coffee machine gets a big thumbs up :) Secure complex with great views of street life and city lights. Walking distance to great pubs and restaurants. Thank you Ineke and Andrew for the warm welcome. ”
More about us
- We are a semi-retired couple who live in South Gippsland 150 km SE of Melbourne
- We used to work in finance and engineering but now enjoy living in the country close to the sea.
- We love travelling, good food, wine, theatre, cinema and most sports as well as getting to know new people and places.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- As tastes vary greatly we are not recommending any restaurants. However, from gourmet to cheap and cheerful are all within walking distance or a short tram ride. Take your pick, whatever cuisine you wish to enjoy.
- Cool bars
- Again, too many to list but we do like the rooftop bar and restaurant at Naked for Satan - 100m diagonally across the road.
- Cozy cafés
- Again, whatever your taste desires
- Retail therapy
- Fitzroy has many independent small shops with an eclectic choice. And of course Melbourne itself is the shopping mecca of Australia.
- Bit of culture
- To name just a few - Immigration Museum, Melbourne Museum, National Gallery of Victoria, Old Melbourne Goal, Shrine of Remembrance, etc etc etc. The Melbourne Visitor Centre on Federation Square is a fantastic place for all sorts of information.
- Walks in the park
- Melbourne Botanical Gardens, Treasury Gardens, etc. River walks along the Yarra River.
- Spot of exercise
- The Beach, Fitzroy Pool, Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre in Albert Park.
- Day tripping
- Yarra Valley, Great Ocean Road, Ballarat Old Goldfields, Bendigo, Phillip Island, Wilson's Promontory
You may also like
Our apartment is located in Melbourne's historic and friendly theatre district right next to some of Melbourne's trendiest bars, restaurants and shops. It's...
This apartment is only a year old, the building is by one of Melbourne's leading architects, from level 52 you can see all of Melbourne, the building has a...
If natural light is your friend, then our home will delight you. With French windows creating a beautiful ambient light throughout each room, our little...