Palm Beach, New South Wales | 3 Bed
Bright and airy beach house
Sleeps 6 | Bedrooms 3 | Bathrooms 2
Member Since: September 2011
Experienced Home Swapper:
This member has already completed one or more home exchanges
This member has a high response rate to home swap requests received
Send a message
Want to swap with properties like this?
Start your journey by listing your home for free.
With endless possibilities, where will you go?
If you have dates in mind you can add them here to help speed up the process. You can change these dates later if your circumstances change
Bright and airy beach house
Palm Beach, New South Wales, Australia - just 40km north of Sydney
Golden sand beaches, village lifestyle and easy access to Sydney
- Main home
- Cable TV
About our home
Built in an L shape around a sparkling swimming pool, our relaxing beach house was fully remodelled in 2009. Bright and airy with timber floors, slate open fireplace and vaulted timber lined ceilings, it is a short 7 minute walk down the hill to Sydney's most beautiful and prestigious ocean beach. According to the travel site totaltravel.yahoo.com, "the Barrenjoey Peninsula, playground of Sydney's rich and famous, is the pearl of the North Shore. Palm Beach is the northernmost suburb of Sydney, less than an hour drive from the Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and the CBD. Nestled on a landmark peninsula, it is blessed with a unique contrast of lush bushland and beaches of golden sand, enveloped by the pristine blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and the calm sailing wonderland of Pittwater. A unique environment blending breath-taking views with quaint cottages and palatial homes. Palm Beach will forever enjoy a lifestyle of relaxed and casual affluence. "
- Buzzy restaurants
- Barrenjoey House is a lovely restaurant offering a modern, contemporary menu with an emphasis on quality fresh local seafood and produce. Jonah's at Whale Beach features modern Australian cuisine in a sensational seaside location.
- Cool bars
- Different Drummer in Avalon is the local's spot for Tapas and cocktails.
- Cozy cafés
- The Boathouse Palm Beach is a waterside cafe offering modern Australian cuisine for breakfast and lunch.
- Retail therapy
- Drive 5 minutes to the seaside village of Avalon for shopping and good cafes.
- Bit of culture
- Walk to the histioric Barrenjoey lighthouse or drive the 40km for Sydney's museums and theatre.
- Walks in the park
- Bordering Pittwater to the west is Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, which has pockets of rainforest with creeks, waterfalls and Aboriginal rock art.
- Spot of exercise
- Charter a yacht or hire kayaks on sheltered Pittwater, take a seaplane flight, swim in the 50 meter outdoor ocean pool, play a round of golf at Palm Beach or Avalon golf course or hit the surf.
- Day tripping
- Whale and dolphin cruises available from Palm Beach wharf or drive two hours to the Hunter Valley to tour one of Australia's best wine and food regions.
3 things about us
- We are a professional couple with no children.
- We prefer to travel to areas where we can ski or enjoy beautiful beaches.
Our dream swap destinations
Our ideal times
- 15th November - 30th November