“Sue and Mal were very relaxed and it was easy to communicate with them. Their house was in a lovely location set amongst a lovely tropical garden and a fabulous pool. The house is very comfortable and has three bedrooms each with a bathroom. It has everything you could possibly need, even a family of kookaburras who will eat off your hand. The island has stunningly beautiful beaches, great walks and a wide variety of activities on offer. The people are really friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Magnetic Island as holiday destination.”
Tropical island paradise
Tropical island paradise
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 baths
About our home
Our home is on beautiful Magnetic Island, a 15 minute ferry ride from Townsville, Australia's largest northern city, . We are only minutes from beautiful beaches, and the house is surrounded by a leafy tropical garden visited daily by our friendly family of kookaburras!
The house was designed by a Canadian and from the outside resembles a log cabin. However, the wide verandahs and many French doors, mean that the house is geared to tropical "inside-outside" living. You will be able to relax with a drink on the shady verandahs overlooking the pool, or enjoy swimming, diving, fishing, bush walking or just chilling out. For golf enthusiasts, there is a nine hole Golf Course within walking distance. Australia's world famous Great Barrier Reef is a boat trip away.
There is a well equipped kitchen, but also many cafes and eating places nearby for those not wanting to cook!
The Island bus stops at the end of our street and will take you anywhere you want to go. In September the climate is perfect, with minimums and maximums of between 22-29 degrees. All bedrooms are air conditioned but you will probably prefer opening doors and windows to the tropical breezes.
Magnetic Island (Maggie) was discovered by Captain Cook, and has since attracted tourists from all over the world, although the atmosphere is not commercial, but friendly and laid-back. People finding Maggie tend to return many times. Or, like us, you give up and live here. A true case of magnetic attraction!
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- Air conditioning
- No pets
“Our trip to Picnic Bay was wonderful, the house exactly as pictured and all very clear and tidy. Sue was a great communicator who helped us get the most out of our visit. The island is a naturally beautiful place, and we easily occupied 2 weeks there. September and October is a magical time to visit! Take your walking shoes, as there are many wonderful walks to secluded bays that are not too long for kids (30 mins or so).”
More about us
- We are a recently retired couple with a background in education in schools and university.
- We would love to spend a month or so ina house in rural France possibly in June/July 2017
- We love our Island home and would treat your home very well.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- ,Sandy's, Peppers
- Cool bars
- Marlin Bar, Picnic Bay Hotel, Noodies, Arcadia Hotel
- Cozy cafés
- Cafe D'Isola, Gilligan's
- Retail therapy
- There are boutiques offering holiday style clothing.
- Bit of culture
- You musn't miss the weekly toad races at the Arcadia Hotel! Seriously, for those hankering after theatre or music, Townsville is a 15 minute ferry ride away.
- Walks in the park
- There are many well signed bushwalks all over the Island. It is quite common to see koalas in the wild, alongside the track.
- Spot of exercise
- Swimming, walking, diving,fishing, boating, golf.
- Day tripping
- Charter boats are available for trips to isolated beaches, or the ree. Open top cars or motor scooters can be hired for sight seeing around the island.
You may also like
This executive retreat is located just moments from the beach and is perfect for that tropical holiday in the sun! The property is a spacious and modern...
Walk straight out to the beach. Located on one of only a few stretches along the Gold Coast with direct access to the beach, no road in between to cross....