The gorgeous "Green Duck Cottage" sits on our beautiful acreage in Binna Burra near Bangalow and Byron Bay in NSW. Whether your travels to the Byron Shire...
Family Home in Inner City Sydney
Family Home in Inner City Sydney
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
Our home is a five minute bicycle ride or fifteen minute walk to Sydney Harbour, where you can watch the New Year's Eve fireworks, with spectacular views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. A ten - fifteen minute bus ride from the centre of Sydney and Circular Quay (or walk to the ferry station and catch a ferry to the Opera House), we love being close to the action. It's a three bedroom home with separate sitting rooms and dining rooms, and a downstairs television room, with a fold out sofa bed for extra guests. There are two and a half bathrooms - a bathroom with bath downstairs, an ensuite shower with a small bath upstairs, and the third bedroom has an ensuite WC. In summer we enjoy having guests for dinner in the courtyard garden, where we have a large outdoor table and BBQ.
- Main home
More about us
- We're a family of four (couple plus 17 year old and 15 year old) who enjoy traveling together
- Kathryn is a writer, Richard a project manager in planning.
- We love the water, cycling and anything bookish. We're well stocked with bikes and water gear.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Fabulous cuisine of every kind in Rozelle (1 minute) or Balmain (5 - 10 minute walk). Or of course travel into the city (10 - 15 minutes by car or public transport) or Darling Harbour (ferry ride).
- Cool bars
- Balmain and Rozelle are known for cafe and bar culture and there are plenty to choose from. We like the cosy local bar, The Corner Bar.
- Cozy cafés
- My favourite is in Glebe, a short drive away - Sappho Books and Cafe - which has a load of second hand books and does a decent coffee. But there are lots nearby as well - about ten within a five minute walk
- Retail therapy
- Unlike many Sydney suburbs, Balmain and Rozelle have a thriving high street, with lovely boutique stores. If you want to explore designer outlet stores, Birkenhead Point is a walk/bike ride or 5 minute drive away. Lovely arcades such as the Strand Arcade or Queen Victoria Building are a ten minute bus ride.
- Bit of culture
- We're a short bus or ferry ride from the Sydney Theatre Company and the Sydney Opera House, as well as loads of live music venues and less mainstream theatres. Cinemas are nearby as well as major galleries with impressive Australian and international collections.
- Walks in the park
- We're three minutes from The Bay Run (http://www.leichhardt.nsw.gov.au/Recreation/Walking-and-Cycling/The-Bay-Run) and a 15 minute walk (or 5 minute bike ride) from the Sydney Harbour foreshore, with views of the Harbour Bridge. Perfect for New Year's Eve fireworks! Ferries go from Mort Bay (Balmain) which is a ten - fifteen minute walk (or buses 1 minute away). You can also drive to lots of National Parks - we like Lane Cove National Park which is a 20 minute drive. 2o minutes in the car will get you to spectacular beaches and the clifftop walks.
- Spot of exercise
- Cycle paths surround us - we tend to cycle into the city (20 minutes on cycle path) and there are cruisy rides around the Bay Run (see above). You can also catch a train out to Homebush Olympic Park and cycle through nice parkland there. There are nearby gyms if you prefer, and we have 4 good bikes, as well as snorkel gear, gloves and masks for diving, boogie boards etc.
- Day tripping
- Drive or train to the Blue Mountains, or Kiama, or a one hour trip to the Hawkesbury River where you can hire a boat and picnic on beautiful isolated waterways, or travel on Australia's last riverboat mail service. We're in a part of Sydney that's easy to get out of!
You may also like
The home has huge family room, large kitchen/family room, formal lounge, 1 large bedroom with ensuite, 1 family bathroom and one shower and toilet downstair....
The house is nestled against a reserve behind the beach and is extremely private. There is an easy 5 minute walk through the reserve down on to the beach...