Our vacation home is located at Sunshine Beach Noosa's prime holiday destination . We are located adjacent to the beach via tree covered pathway that leads...
BRISBANE: Comfortable, spacious family home
BRISBANE: Comfortable, spacious family home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 3 baths
About our home
We are conveniently situated between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, with easy access to both via nearby freeways. Our home is a comfortable and spacious colonial style low-set in a very pleasant residential pocket by Cornubia Forest. We regularly find wallabies on driveways in our lovely valley.
* Plenty of separate living and dining areas
* Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, plus a third toilet
* Private master bedroom area with four poster bed, walk-in robe and ensuite
* Lovely treed frontage with bull-nose verandah keeps home shaded and cool
* Timber oak kitchen complete with espresso machine overlooks a private back yard
* High ceilings and fans throughout, plus ducted air conditioning
* Cosy brick fireplace in front lounge.
Back yard includes:
* An extensive covered entertainment area with 6 burner gas BBQ for outdoor dining
* A second, elevated and fully powered entertainment area with relaxing views
* Plenty of flat, grassed area for the kids.
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- Air conditioning
- Disabled access
More about us
- We are a third culture couple with two boys and a girl (15-18), all gorgeous. Matthew is of Cornish/ Italian heritage, Alicia is NZ/ Indonesian mix with German in the background.
- Alicia works part time as a Clinical Nurse. We travel regularly to Bali where we used to live, as we have ongoing aid and business commitments there.
- We love people, travel, food and new adventures.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Logan Hyperdome (within walking distance) and Garden City (20 mins drive) shopping centres offer many restaurant choices. Sunnybank Market Square is approx 20 minutes down the road for a real taste of Asia. Sirromet Winery (15mins drive) has an excellent award winning gourmet restaurant (Lurleens)
- Cool bars
- The Glen Restaurant and Bar is our local pick for a relaxed pub style experience. South Bank (25mins drive) is a hotspot for more upmarket bars and eateries. http://www.eatsouthbank.com.au/
- Cozy cafés
- Christopher's Fine Food and Wine at Daisy Hill, only a couple of minutes away, would be our local fave. There are of course a number of cafes within the Hyperdome complex.
- Retail therapy
- The Hyperdome is the best-known retail hub in the region, with four supermarkets, a library, Myer, Kmart, Big W, and 220 specialty stores. Its piazza has 13 restaurants and bars, AMF Bowling, laser skirmish, children's playgrounds and the Hyperplex Cinemas. We also have a very large IKEA adjoining a homewares MegaCentre within 10 minutes drive.
- Bit of culture
- Logan City boats a very multicultural population. http://www.visitlogan.com.au/ The Global Food Village at Woodridge offers an array of cuisines. We are quite close to Sirromet Winery. We also spend a lot of time around South Bank for its Cultural Centre events and restaurants.
- Walks in the park
- Daisy Hill Koala Sanctuary is nearby. Cornubia Forest is on our doorstep for lovely paved walks and cycle paths. Venman National Park offers more serious bush walks.
- Spot of exercise
- We have a mountain bike and two hybrids available for use. Shailer Park/ Daisy Hill areas are renowned for some of the best mountain bike tracks around. Logan offers golfing, cable skiing, bungy jumping, go-kart racing. We often take our family for evening rock climbing and abseiling at Kangaroo Point, Brisbane's lit up riverside cliffs. This is a fun place for evening strolls and picnics with a variety of sports activities on offer - http://www.riverlife.com.au/adventures.
- Day tripping
- We are very handy to the freeway (25 minutes to CBD), and have great access to all the Gold Coast Theme Parks. We often frequent the Gold Coast, Sunshine coast and their hinterlands (Mt Tambourine/ Springbrook for Gold Coast, and the Glasshouse Mountains/ Blackall ranges for Sunshine Coast). Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo is always a favourite for kids.
You may also like
Our owner-occupied apartment is part of a low-rise residential complex immediately located on the Brisbane riverside with spectacular, unobstructed views of...
Fifth floor apartment, only a few years old in a secure complex with three swimming pools, tennis court, gym, spa, sauna, two free bbq areas, library....