“We loved our staying at Jonathans. His place is beautiful and comfortable and he is very kind and quick to respond. The area he lives is a very interesting one with lots of cute and different cafes and shops two blocks from his home. By train you are 15 min in the CBD. Thanks Jonathan!”
Stunning modern architect designed town residence
Stunning modern architect designed town residence
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 3 baths
About our home
My home is located in a beautiful and quiet tree lined street that has a wonderful park and playground just a few doors away. Locally you are within a short walk to a large shopping strip with funky cafes and restaurants as well as a large (Coles) supermarket. The train station (15 min. to the city) tram and bus stops are also just a short walk away.
The home itself has bright and spacious open plan living areas with the family room having a 60 inch 3D "smart" HDTV. There are three sizable double bedrooms, two of which have queen size beds with the third having singles. The master bedroom has a walk in robe, ensuite and a 60inch Smart HDTV. There's a separate office/ study as well as a large laundry. There is ducted and zoned heating / air conditioning throughout.
Melbourne is rightfully known as being one of the worlds most livable cities. There is plenty to enjoy and explore within the city and regionally as well. Melbourne is known as being the centre for arts and culture and Melbornians are renowned for their love of sport and the hosting of major sporting events.
Should you wish I would be very happy to offer any advise and assistance during your stay. A couple of useful web pages are http://www.visitvictoria.com or http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au
I am very well traveled & experienced with home exchanges. I have enjoyed some wonderful holidays and have made some warm friendships as a result. I would look after your property as if my own. I am currently a single father to one amazing 10 y/o boy, who I have part of the time only and am open to doing a simultaneous, non simultaneous or hospitality type exchanges.
I also have a wonderful modern 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment in Toorak that can also be available for exchanges.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
P.S. I have a Volvo wagon for your use as well as a number of bicycles.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
“Jonathan is a wonderful man and a perfect host. Always available and caring, helpful and polite. His house is spacious, well organised, cleaned and comfortable. The suburb is conveniently located and well connected to the city center, close to the beach and full of shops, bars, restaurants and other amenities. Highly recommended. Thank you! ”
“Our communications with Jonathan were excellent, however the property that was on Home Swap was not available for family reasons so he offered us an alternative apartment in Prahran East that he rents out on Air B&B. We are not able to comment on the Home Swap that is listed on this site as we did not stay there. We have communicated our thoughts directly to Jonathan re the alternative accommodation which is in an excellent position, very close to public transport and great shopping strip. ”
“Wonderful warm host”
More about us
- I am a single parent to a beautiful 8 y/o boy
- Involved in property development.
- Love to travel and enjoy what life has to offer.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Too many to choose from along local strip.....choose your cuisine from any region!
- Cool bars
- After the tears (next door to local art house cinema), The antique bar
- Cozy cafés
- Many excellent local cafes,serving v. good coffee i.e.Follow the Leader Cafe, Loco
- Retail therapy
- The local strip, Chapel Street, High Street, Chadstone or Southland (v. large malls approx. 10 min. by car) or anywhere in town.
- Bit of culture
- Go to: http://www.fedsquare.com/ or http://www.artscentremelbourne.com.au/ or http://www.thatsmelbourne.com.au/
- Walks in the park
- Great park few doors away but you can't beat The Botanic Gardens....especially for a jog!
- Spot of exercise
- Bike, walk or jog along beach (about 15 min to walk to) or Botanic Gardens or visit aquatic centre nearby.
- Day tripping
- There are many places to choose from.......anywhere on the coast such as Portsea/Sorrento, Wilsons Prom.Phillip Island / the fairy penguins, The Grampians, Mt. Buller, regional towns such as Ballarat, Bendigo Daylesford etc, the Yarra valley or Red Hill for its's wineries, The Great Ocean Road, The Mornington Peninsula......the list could go on.
You may also like
We have a 2-3 bedroom Edwardian house in Elsternwick, Melbourne, Australia. It's in a quiet street close to the city (15 minutes by train) and bay beaches,...
The Town House was fully renovated in 2014, and provides a conveniently located vacation home. With An open plan living area featuring designer furniture...
Spacious solid brick 4 bedroom renovated family home with attractive period features and modern enhancements. in a secluded locale yet positioned just a...