Portsea is the 'Hamptons' of Melbourne, just 1.5 hours drive. On the very end of the Peninsula it offers the best of the Bay and Ocean beaches. Long walks...
Penthouse with 360 degree views
Penthouse with 360 degree views
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 baths
About our home
Professional couple working towards retirement wish to swap their spacious penthouse on the top (8th) floor in secure building. Three balconies. Sweeping uninterrupted views from every room. 3 min walk to 'light rail' (tram) to city and nightlife. 3 min walk to beach. Overlooks glorious Albert Park, with lounge views to the Melbourne CBD. Central heating/air conditioning. Off street parking.
Guests will need to care for our two beautiful, affectionate, Korat cats. By negotiation: 1 bedroom Unit on floor below (set up as our office) can accommodate an additional 2 people in a fold-out double bed. Vehicle can be included if swapping (1998 Mercedes CLK 320 cabriolet). We are planning to travel quite frequently over the next few years -- plans at present include arranging swaps for July 2015 and July 2016, when we will be in Europe, Africa and South America -- since we will travel at least twice a year.
We will consider non-simultaneous swaps and also using points.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- No pets
More about us
- Professional couple — former professor and school principal — working towards retirement.
- We appreciate places with spectacular views.
- Looking to visit new places + old ones we love -- NZ (Waiheke Island, Queenstown), Spain, Portugal, Greece, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, South America, African Wild Life Park
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Good restaurants within walking distance, or via the light rail.
- Cool bars
- St Kilda, Albert Park, South Melbourne, South Bank Precinct, Docklands, Melbourne city are all within walking distance, or < 15 on the light rail/tram.
- Cozy cafés
- St Kilda, Albert Park, South Melbourne, Melbourne city are all within walking distance, or < 15 on the light rail/tram.
- Retail therapy
- You can be in the Bourke St Mall/Collins St in less than 15 min on the light rail/tram.
- Bit of culture
- City theatres, cinemas, museums, galleries, sports facilities (Aussie Rules, Melbourne Cricket Ground -- The 'G' -- Australian Tennis Championships, Australian Grand Prix) are almost on the door step (5-15 minutes walk or on the light rail/tram.
- Walks in the park
- Albert Park is across the road -- 2.25 square kilometres (225 ha; 560 acres) of parkland including Albert Park Lake (0.49 square kilometres (49 ha; 120 acres)) and provides numerous ovals, sporting facilities, the Albert Park Public Golf Course, a 5-kilometre (3.1 mi) walking track around the lake, and the Melbourne Grand Prix ...
- Spot of exercise
- Albert Park + 5 km of beach (safe swimming) + sailing, canoeing, etc is within a 5 min walk.
- Day tripping
- Great wine regions -- Mornington Penninsula, Yarra Valley -- are about a 1 hour drive away. Heathcote wine region is about a 2-hour drive.
You may also like
AVAILABLE FOR POINTS SWAP XMAS HOLIDAY 2015, AND MOST Vic SCHOOL HOLIDAYS /WEEKENDS FOR 2015. Our home was renovated and extended in 2013. Our home is open,...
We live in this compact, single level home offering a serene lifestyle in a quiet leafy street a short stroll from cafes, restaurants, shopping and tram to...