“Julie and Ben's home is contemporary, clean and Julie left the smallest details for us. Books on where to go, what to visit, soap in bathroom, plenty for children to do and then some! As with all of our home swaps we feel we get to know the families when we stay absorbing the culture of 'Love home swaps'. We feel privileged to swap our homes with like minded families/couples. Excellently presentable in a great location near Manly and the beaches. ”
Great Northern Beaches home, come explore Sydney
Great Northern Beaches home, come explore Sydney
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
Our modern family home was renovated a few years ago and is perfectly equipped for a family. Four comfortable bedrooms (one queen bed, one king single, one single with trundle bed and one single), two living areas and large entertaining deck and garden. A portable cot is also available if needed. We do not smoke and request that you do not smoke inside the house, the garden is OK. We have a cleaner once a fortnight which can be continued, alternatively we can arrange for the cleaner to come in immediately before your arrival (and on departure). You can either do at your cost or arrange a similar cleaning schedule at your end.
We put new pillow and mattress protectors (and linen of course!) on all beds for home swaps.
Sydney is a wonderful place to spend any time of the year and our home is very well located to access the city and the vibrant hub of Manly beach. While our home is in a suburb about 5 minutes drive from Manly beach, our home is located on the city bus route which will have you in the centre of Sydney within 20 minutes. At the end of our street is a bike path to Manly beach (we have bikes and surfboards you can use) - you will be at the beach within 15 minutes bike ride. At the end of the street is also a great little coffee shop and we are walking distance to a family bistro and multiple restaurants.
The kids will also be happy with a huge springfree trampoline in the back garden and a heated 10 seater spa. The kids games room is also equipped with a Wii and Playstation 3. Very easy for you to sit on the upstairs deck watching the sunset and unwinding while the kids play in the garden or in the downtairs games room.
We are also happy to consider a car swap (subject to insurances). We have a Maxda CX9 (7 seater).
SEE WHAT LIFE IN SEAFORTH IS LIKE - SEARCH #SWAPSYDNEY ON INSTAGRAM . See us featured in the blog: http://www.lovehomeswap.com/blog/meet-the-members/member-story-julie-and-familys-first-swap-byron-bay
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We are a professional couple with three children 15, 13 and 10. Ideally we would love to arrange a swap to England/Europe in December/January 2016/2017. However any travel is great!
- Ben is in the freight/logistics industry and Julie is in the legal industry.
- See what life in Sydney is like at our place on instagram by searching #swapsydney. You will see we love the outdoors and love a relaxed home which we share with family and friends. We would love to show our kids more of the wonderful world we live in and are planning a big trip in 2016, we have friends to visit in England but other than that are open to suggestions.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Balance Thai (Seaforth), Ribs n Rumps (Manly), Hugos (Manly), China Beach (Manly) Out of Africa (Manly), Cala Luna (Spit)
- Cool bars
- Jahr Bar (Manly), 4 Pines Brewing (Manly), Donnys Bar (Manly)
- Cozy cafés
- Four Brothers Espresso (Seaforth), Belgian Cafe (Seaforth), Belgrave Cartel (Manly)
- Retail therapy
- Anywhere in Mosman, Paddington, The Rocks markets
- Bit of culture
- We are only 30 bus minutes away from the Museum of Contemporary Art, Art Gallery of NSW, Opera House, Sydney Dance Company, Sydney Theatre company
- Walks in the park
- You simply must do the famous Spit to Manly walk, which you can join a mere 5 minutes walk from our house.
- Spot of exercise
- Balmoral beach, Clontarf beach, surfing on any of the northern beaches, a bike ride to manly, hire kayaks at the Spit (15 minutes walk awat) and kayak Sydney Harbour.
- Day tripping
- Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wineries of the Hunter Valley.
You may also like
Our beautiful home has just been built. It's a designer urban terrace with plenty of room for socialising or enjoying the lovely Sydney weather. With 2...
Our light-filled apartment is set in a charming Art Deco block literally steps from iconic Bondi Beach with partial views of the ocean. A lift provides level...
Bellevue Hill is perfectly positioned - close to Bondi Beach, Westfield Bondi Junction, Sydney Harbour and Sydney City. The local neighbourhood shops are...