PLEASE LOOK CAREFULLY AT THE FOLLOWING DETAILS AND THE AVAILABLE DATES. Our apartment is available for 3 months in May September ONLY. This would be for a...
Modern brick bungalow, quiet cul-de-sac
Modern brick bungalow, quiet cul-de-sac
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 2 baths
About our home
Our family home is in a small town between the beaches of the South Coast and the dramatic mountain escarpment. Located in beautiful dairy farmland, Gerringong is also surrounded by National Parks, a wonderful coastline with sandy surf beaches, boutique wineries and the small towns of Berry and Kiama within 20 mins drive.
Our open plan home is on a quiet cul-de-sac and we have no neighbours on one side, instead a small park with playground equipment is a great bonus for young children. Our children are aged 5 and 11 and have lots of toys, bikes and scooters that will be available to use.
We have a Master bedroom with Queen bed, 2 single bedrooms with single beds and another single bed in the office. We have wifi and a desktop Mac computer you can use. There are 2 bathrooms (one is ensuite with toilet and shower off the Master Bedroom) and the kids bathroom is huge with a shower and bath, separate toilet and basin. There is a double garage (although that is our art studio and may be closed) as well as off street parking on our large driveway and a laundry. The garden has native and ornamental plants, a trampoline, a garden building with kids playhouse area, lawn and is where I grow lots of fruit and veges (including bananas!). We actually have 5 bantam hens but can arrange for them to be looked after elsewhere if necessary. There is a patio off the open plan kitchen/diner with a BBQ and outdoor furniture. We even have a hive of tiny native stingless bees that require no looking after but are quite fascinating.
My husband is a wheelchair user so our home suits anyone with mobility issues, we can also arrange specific equipment you might need.
Gerringong is a small town of about 3,500 people. It is quite a hilly area, you will need a car to get around the area. There is a lovely shopping street with a supermarket, butcher, chemist, clothes shops, a variety of cafes and restaurants. There is a family restaurant in the Bowling Club and great beaches nearby. For more choice of restaurants and shopping Kiama and Berry are a short drive away. Food is great in our region and there is a weekly Farmers Market in Kiama. My parents also live in town and will be available to help with any questions or to sort out any issues.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- Disabled access
More about us
- We are a couple with 2 happy kids aged 11 and 5.
- Tim is a journalist and Penny is an artist/landscape designer
- Tim is a wheelchair user but we still love getting outdoors
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- There are some great restuarants and boutique wineries in the area.
- Cool bars
- If you like food, the surrounding countryside is
- Cozy cafés
- Australian cafe culture is alive and well in our area with plenty of cafes to choose from, all serving great coffee often from local roasters.
- Retail therapy
- There are lots of markets in beautiful locations if you want to grab a bargain, something handmade or more unusual. Then there is no shortage of great shopping in Berry and Kiama
- Bit of culture
- Tap into Indigenous culture on special events and walks in the nearby National Parks. Travel to Wollongong for galleries and Theatre. Pics and Flicks cinema comes to our town once a month and there are other cinemas a short drive away. The live music scene is also alive and well.
- Walks in the park
- Walk no further than out our front door and you are in a park! There are many more to choose from locally as well as National Parks, Botanic Gardens in Wollongong and more.
- Spot of exercise
- We live in a small coastal town with incredible beaches and watersport activites.
- Day tripping
- Nearby towns of Berry and Kiama are popular with tourists and day trippers from Sydney and have much to offer. The surrounding area has much to offer, it's hard to know where to start!
You may also like
My home is located in Leichhardt, an inner city suburb of Sydney (known as Sydney’s Little Italy). It has three bedrooms - the main bedroom has a queen size...
Our modern family home was renovated a few years ago and is perfectly equipped for a family. Four comfortable bedrooms (one queen bed, one king single, one...