Our comfy, unique home on half an acre offers a family or couple a lovely place to call home while visiting Melbourne, Australia. Away from the hustle and...
Luxurious triplex residence ideal for family
Luxurious triplex residence ideal for family
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 baths
About our home
Our home is a triplex residence in the 1920s heritage-listed Park Manor in Melbourne’s blue-chip suburb of Toorak, located just 3km from the city. The building houses 6 residences, each with private street entrance, garage and courtyard. The building is double-brick and offers the privacy and comfort of a stand-alone townhouse. Although we have ducted air-conditioning and hydraulic heating, our home is naturally cool is summer and warm in winter.
In our renovation we have chosen to highlight the original art-deco features and enhance the interior with modern design elements. The house feature various original artworks and is styled for easy living with a touch of luxury.
On the ground floor, is an open plan living & dining room, a separate eat-in kitchen, and a powder room. The living room has a large couch (can be comfortably used as an extra bed), large flat-screen TV & DVD player (with a large DVD collection for you to watch), an ornate rocking chair and an antique trunk where we store our kids’ toys, when they play downstairs. There is also an original log fireplace, frequently used during the cooler season.
The dining room has a steel & glass dining table for 6, which extends to accommodate 10, a mirrored chest of draws and a piano. The room also has a fully functioning log fireplace.
The adjoining newly appointed kitchen includes a dishwasher and a Nespresso coffee machine, but no microwave (we use a mini oven for warming up meals, toasting and grilling, as we find it healthier and tastier). The kitchen has a floating island bench with two stools for a quick meal, and we use the dining room for more relaxed longer meals or when entertaining (there is also a toddler feeding chair which can be used in either the kitchen or the dining room).
On the first floor, there is a spacious guest bedroom with a queen-sized bed, log fireplace and a dedicated ensuite (floating glass shower, vanity and toilet). On the same level there is also an office (you are welcome to use the WiFi, printer/fax/scanner and laptop) that has a couch with a foldout single bed. On the same level is a large kids’ room with a toddler bed/cot, wardrobe, change table, wing-back chair for story time, a kids table & chairs, a chalkboard and a mini tent. We have ample kids toys, books & CDs (in English, Russian and French) if you are travelling with littlies. There is a separate bathroom with a floating glass shower, large mirrored wall with inset vanity and laundry facilities.
The top level is a beautiful open plan loft with exposed beams, brick walls, polished floors and roof windows. This floor is purposed as a parents retreat and features the main bedroom with a queen-sized bed and a walk-in robe; a living area with a sofa, a large flat screen TV & DVD player, and a bathroom with a claw-foot bath tub, separate shower, vanity and separate toilet.
Our residence also features a cozy outside paved terrace, where you can enjoy a glass of wine or a morning coffee, and pick some fresh garden herbs for your cooking. There is off-street parking available and you will be able to use our car (equipped with a child seat and a baby capsule, if required), if reciprocated in the home swap.
Please feel welcome to contact us with any questions.
PS. interior photos are coming shortly
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We are a couple in our mid 30s (he is French, she is Russian) with two boys (18 months and 3 months).
- we are both freelance consultants (he on negotiation, she on business strategy & entrepreneurship).
- We are passionate about travel, food & wine; he about music, she about art, design & photography; love discovering new places, people, cultures. Although we love being away, we also love to spend time in our beautiful home and would like to welcome you in it during your Melbourne visit.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Vue du Monde (city), Da Noi (South Yarra), Sails (Brighton), Cicciolina (St Kilda), The Point (Albert Park Lake)
- Cool bars
- The Apartment Lounge Bar, Hoo Haa Bar, Bluestone Bar, The Botanical, Melbourne Supper Club
- Cozy cafés
- Canteen (on the river, Toorak), Lawsons' Grove (Toorak), The Convent Bakery (Collingwood),
- Retail therapy
- everything that your heart desires within 10min walk - glamourous Chapel St, posh Toorak Village, up-market Toorak Rd South Yarra, edgy and cool Prahran
- Bit of culture
- Como Mansion, Abbotsford Convent and Collingwood Childrens' Farm, National Gallery of Victoria, Arts Centre, Federation Square precinct, Malthouse Theatre,
- Walks in the park
- across the road from the historical Como Mansion & Gardens, 2min walk to Yarra River,
- Spot of exercise
- jogging and bike riding along the Yarra River, The Tan (the running track around the Botanical gardens), Melbourne Sports & Aquatics Centre
- Day tripping
- Yarra Valley (great food & wine), Dalesford spa country, Phillip Island Pinguin Parade, Ballarat (historical gold rush town), Sorento and Mornington Peninsula, the Twelve Appostles and the Great Ocean Road, Wilsons Promontory, Mount Dandenong (great walks, devonshire tea, lookouts, William Rickets Sancturay)
You may also like
Our home is named Cooinda and was built in 1880. It's an exceptional family estate set on over 1 acre offers everything a family could ever want - including...
My home is located in a beautiful and quiet tree lined street that has a wonderful park and playground just a few doors away. Locally you are within a short...