We live in paradise! Our beautiful beach home comes with sauna, swimming pool. Our home is in a high end leafy beachside glamorous suburb of Newport Beach...
Exchange with UK June-July 2017
Exchange with UK June-July 2017
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 baths
About our home
*proximity to Sydney city- just over an hours easy drive or a relaxing and scenic 2 hour train ride to the Sydney Opera House and Circular Quay
* Lake Macquarie/Newcastle area is the 7th largest city in Australia surrounded by beautiful beaches and waterways.
* Climate here is ideal. Anytime of year is sunny, warm and pleasant, but not painfully hot!
* Valentine is a sought after area and our house is just one block away from the lake's edge and a village strip of shops.
*We are a happy little family of three. I am in my early 50s, my wife is in late 40s and we have a beautiful 9 year old daughter who loves practicing her violin and ballet dancing. I am a school principal and my wife is a high school music teacher. We hope to convince Susan's father to travel with us, as he deserves a happy holiday after losing his beloved wife last year. We are widely travelled and enjoy reading, theatre, golf, walking by the lake and at the beach, BBQs with our neighbours and are happily involved in our local church.
* From our local airport you can fly to Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Canberra in around 60 minutes. We look after our house and grounds and would treat yours as we do our own, though it does not have to be similar to ours. We will be grateful to experience another beautiful country.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We are a happy little family of husband, wife and our 10 year old daughter
- Colin is a school headmaster and Susan is a musician who teaches high school music
- We may be travelling with Susan's 79 year old dad who recently lost his beloved wife and who is need of a get-away.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- International and award winning restaurants abound.
- Cool bars
- Funky bars by the harbour
- Cozy cafés
- Cafes every few blocks, novacastrians are very proud of their cofffee!
- Retail therapy
- 3 mega-shopping centres within 20 minute drive
- Bit of culture
- Museums, Art Gallery, historic Nobbys Lighthouse, Fort Scratchley, Cathedral concerts and festivals, contemporary concerts and plays at Civic Theatre and Playhouse
- Walks in the park
- We walk in the parks by the lake. There is a huge walk which winds around Lake Macquarie and which is very scenic and popular with pedestrians and cyclists.
- Spot of exercise
- Sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, ice skating, all sports and sportsgrounds. Tennis courts and indoor heated swimming pool a short walk away.
- Day tripping
- No area can beat Newcastle for proximity to attractions. An hour from Port Stephens (tourist mecca), The Wattagons Forest, Hunter Valley Vineyards, the gorgeous Central Coast, Sydney city, and a few minutes from Lake Macquarie and your choice of pristine beaches.
You may also like
My flat: My beautiful studio flat is in Kirribilli - the perfect location to enjoy Sydney. My flat has picture perfect views of Sydney Harbour, the Opera...
Our home was built in 1905 in the Federation style with imposing verandah. Spanning two stories it boasts both 3 double bedrooms downstairs( Master with...