My home is a new one bedroom apartment, fully appointed to a high standard. Full laundry, bathroom and kitchen, networked wi-fi music system throughout, new...
Large, renovated house with mountain views
Large, renovated house with mountain views
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 baths
About our home
Our large, renovated home is located on a hill overlooking the beautiful Yarra River and stunning mountains. The ground floor features 2 spacious bedrooms, a laundry, bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen with granite benches and a living area that opens onto a large veranda. The upper floor has a second kitchen with concertina windows that open onto a veranda with a BBQ, a large dining and living area, bedroom and bathroom. Both levels have wood fires and electric wall heating. The upper floor has air conditioning and the ground floor, being well insulated, doesn't need it.
The house is set in a landscaped, edible garden with chooks, fruit trees, vegetables and herbs. It has a large dining table and a second BBQ.
You are welcome to use our bikes for the popular Warburton-Lilydale Rail Trail.
Walking and cycling tracks along the Yarra River are 200m from the house. Shops, cinema and cafes are a 5 minute walk down the hill.
Warburton is located in the well known Yarra Valley, 70 km east of Melbourne, at the pristine headwaters of the Yarra River. An historic and character filled township, Warburton is renowned for its spectacular mountain and river scenery and its ecotourism assets. It is rapidly becoming one of Victoria's most popular 'tree change' lifestyle destinations. If you love being immersed in nature's beauty- walking, cycling, paddling, swimming, fishing, tobogganing, cross country skiing or picnicking, Warburton is for you. If you need a city fix, the centre of Melbourne is only a 1.5 hour drive away.
The Yarra Valley is famous for its beautiful scenery and world class wineries. http://visityarravalley.com.au/
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- Christian and Natalie work together in our marketing company. Natalie is also studying Mind Body Medicine.
- We love animals, healthy food, good movies and good wine.
- We love the outdoors, particularly water- swimming, walking and kayaking.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Our house is a 5 minute walk to Warburton's restaurants, cinema and shops.
- Cool bars
- Warburton has a few licenced cafes and restaurants, but the best bars are in Healesville, a short drive away through scenic country.
- Cozy cafés
- There are plenty of cafes in Warburton and nearby Healesville.
- Retail therapy
- The Warburton shops are only a 5 minute walk from the house and there are many more shops in nearby Healesville. If you need more, Melbourne, which is known as the best city in Australia for shopping, is just 70km away.
- Bit of culture
- Being in the Yarra Valley, Warburton is surrounded by many first class wineries and microbreweries. There are tours available, or you can enjoy floating over them in a hot air balloon!
- Walks in the park
- There is a riverside park at the bottom of our road, a minute's walk away. Ideal for walking and picnics.
- Spot of exercise
- The popular Lilydale/Warburton cycling track is a 2 minute ride from our house. There are dozens of forest walking tracks nearby and one of my favourites is the Californoan Redwood Forest in East Warburton. You can also play golf, go fishing, cross-country skiing or kayak down the Yarra River.
- Day tripping
- There are loads of day trip options. I recommend the Healesville Santuary, a quality Australian wildlife zoo. If you want a city fix, the heart of Melbourne is just 70km down the road. Here is a link to all you need to know about the Yarra Valley. http://visityarravalley.com.au/
You may also like
Our family home is in the bayside suburb of Beaumaris, a 10 minute walk to the seafront of Port Phillip, between Black Rock and Mentone. The main commercial...
Our 1999 Weatherboard 2 bedroom 2-storey home is walking distance from Melbourne city centre, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Tennis Centre, Botanic Gardens,...