“We loved our stay at Ricky's house. It is really beautiful, clean, tasteful, luxurious and in a perfect location to visit Sydney and the local beaches. Near to Military Road for access to buses and trains into the City and near to the bus stop to catch the ferries. ”
Best location to discover Sydney on Foot and Views
Best location to discover Sydney on Foot and Views
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 1 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 2 baths
About our home
Stunning 1 bedroom unit (converted from 2 bedroom) just completed with top of the range fittings, designer furnitures, all modern conveniences. Large open plan living and bedroom all opening to the north facing all year around sunny balcony with panaromic views. State of art kitchen 2 bathrooms and Laundry. Balcony has a gas BBQ
The building offers resort style facilities; Indoor/Outdoor Pool perfectly maintained at 29 degrees celsius all year around, Gym, Sauna, manicured gardens, Library.
Add to this the proximity to city center, art galleries, the Domain, Botanical gardens, Hyde Park and lots of superb restaurants and cafes at the Finger Wharf, East Sydney, Potts Point, Darlinghurst and Surry Hills (Best Sydney has on offer)
You'll be able to walk to all tourist attractions like Opera house, Rocks, Darling Harbour.
The Apartment has panoramic views to City, Harbour Bridge, the harbour and Woolloomooloo Wharf. You'll be able to watch the Fireworks on the harbour (Sydney has a lot of Fire works not just on NYE)
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Disabled access
- No pets
“This home is a perfect location for travel into Sydney and beyond. The quality of the home was so appreciated and the 5 Stars in every category are not an exaggeration! The local facilities (eating and food buying, etc.) are brilliant and the buses into central Sydney (and the convenience of ferries and trains too once there) make the use of a car almost redundant. It's almost a "walk on, walk off" approach with very little waiting between buses, ferries and trains- and the bus is quicker into Sydney than a car anyway because of the bus lanes. The attention to detail by Russell and Ricky with all instructions for appliances and also details of what to do and where to go were "above and beyond"!! The walk into Mosman and then to Balmoral and to the Boat Shed for breakfast was a regular feature for us - as well as walking to George's Head for the amazing vista of the harbour (266 steps and a long walk!!). The only thing we didn't do was to use the swimming pool because it was coming out of their winter into their spring - another few weeks and we would have used that facility too! It's evident that Russell and Ricky are seasoned "home swappers" and have thought of everything for both before the visit (communication was exec excellent) as well as during the visit (keeping in touch). This is an all round 5 stars - and we would certainly hope to swap with them again in the future. ”
“SIX STAR REVIEW * First Star - for the friendly and Accommodating Attitude of Ricky and Russell * Second Star - for the style and comfort of the townhouse/ apartment. * Third Star - for the central location in Sydney * Fourth Star - for the convenience and closeness to Busses and ferries * Fifth Star - for nearby shops cafes restaurants & supermarkets. * Sixth Star - for the great combination of the above five – simply a great place to stay! __________________________________________________________________________________________ A More Detailed Review of our first LoveHomeSwap! With Ricky and Russell of Mosman, a Sydney Suburb in Australia. The Above Six Stars say it all as this has been a City Centric Six Star Experience. We opted for an 11 day Exchange which suited us perfectly and fitted in with their own requirements. We organized to swap home and car keys at the airport and they, as experienced swappers had taken pics with their phone to help us identify the car and its location in the carpark. We had both set our Navmans on “home” which made it super easy to get to our home for the next 10 days. As the apartment is at one end of the townhouse complex it has an excellent outdoor entertaining area complete with gas BBQ facilities. The downstairs is open plan, entering the front door is the lounge with the dining area at the other end, both complementing the central kitchen with marble top island. The whole place reflecting Ricky’s interior design style and ability. The two bedrooms are located upstairs: we were accommodated in the second bedroom with its adjacent bathroom while hanging and drawer space had been set aside for us to unpack. it all worked perfectly.. The unit is in a great location. Only 120 meters to the Cremorne Wharf bus stop [ the ferry ride takes 7 minutes and your in the city. 150 metres is another bus stop where you have the choice of: [a] the city by expressway 15 minutes [b] North Sydney Railway Station takes about the same [c] Chatswood Rail and shopping approximately 20 minutes. Busses going in the other direction are to [a] Balmoral Beach 5 minutes [b] the Spit 10 minutes [c] Manly for a Surf 15 minutes Shopping Supermarket shopping The closest is only 150 metres from the front door and had a bottle shop and news-agency . Several take aways are within 250 metres and two larger supermarkets within walking distance. Dining Out We loved “Radio Cairo” a café/restaurant which specializes in north African cuisine and it is just round the corner while Sushi, Thai, Italian and many more are within walking distance i What we Did. We caught the ferry from the Quay [Sydney city] to Manly crossing the “heads” ie the entrance to Sydney Harbour – this is a “must do experience” to the Manly Aquarium and the beach. Enjoyed fresh seafood six times [Australia has the best prawns [shrimp] oysters and seafood! Dined out on Aussie Steak and Lamb. Visited the Sydney Art Gallery [a full day]: walked the pictures as the theatre is only 175 metres away : cooked BBQ dinners twice and we read two books each. Finally we watched the Warratahs [NSW Rugby ] beat the Crusaders [ NZ Rugby] in the last seconds of the Super 15 Final.. All together a great first lovehomeswap. ”
More about us
- Experienced house swappers
- Mature age married couple, retired Antique dealer and Int. designer
- We love discovering places on foot, wining and dining, Swaps in Australia can be arranged last minute
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- There are 100s of Restaurants and Cafes within 10 minutes walk from the apartment. There is a cafe/Restaurant in the building. Woolloomooloo Wharf which is a 10 minutes walk has some of Sydney's best Restaurants; Otto, China Doll, Criniti's, Aki India and many more
- Cool bars
- Love, Tilly Devine, Monopole, Riley Street garage, Fix Wine Bar + Restaurant, The Winery, Rabbit Hole Bar & Dining and many more
- Cozy cafés
- under the building Pranzi's cafe/restaurant, John Montagu, Elizabeth Bay Cafe, Room 10 and many more
- Retail therapy
- Westfield shopping centre is about 5-6 minutes walk which has David Jones and Myer attached to it but has also many international and Australian brand shops.
- Bit of culture
- Art Gallery NSW is less than 5 minutes we actually look out straight to it. You can walk to many galleries even to Opera house from the property. There are several free open air concerts in Domain or other festivals in Hyde Park, March/April there is Opera on the Harbour 10 minutes Jan/Feb/early March St.George open air cinema on the harbour. May June Vivid light Festival around Opera house, Rocks and botanical Gardens and much more
- Walks in the park
- Most days our Morning walk goes over Domain, Botanical Gardens to Opera house than back along the water to Woolloomooloo Wharf and home. Other days we may continue past Opera house to Rocks than around to Barangaroo, Kings Wharf and through the city back home. There are many more options you'll never run out places to walk.
- Spot of exercise
- The building has a Gym and a 12 metre Pool but there are many other Gyms around.
- Day tripping
- Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley Vineyards
You may also like
Located in the pristine beautiful environment of Mystery Bay on the South Coast, our house is available for swap or rent. Close to beach, golf, bushwalks,...
House proud owners offer an absolute waterfront, spacious family home on 2 levels, 2 dining areas, 2 living areas plus home theatre and study nook. Modern...
A 4 BR House in Avoca Beach, Australia Please note: From 1/12/2016 to 28/02/2017 the house is only available for holiday rental. Situated 90 Km north of...