Our lovely home is situated in the very cool and friendly suburb of Yarraville. It is 7km to Melbourne CBD and 2 train stations are within a few minutes...
Beautifully styled home in inner Melbourne
Beautifully styled home in inner Melbourne
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 baths
About our home
Our home is a spacious and light-filled period property on a quiet, leafy street; just a short walk from Yarraville and Seddon's cafes, restaurants and shops and a 5 minute walk to the train station (10 minutes to Melbourne's CBD). It’s been recently renovated and boasts a large open-plan kitchen, living and dining area leading out onto the North facing garden. There’s even a green wall - Stacy’s pride and joy. The kitchen links with a walk-in pantry and laundry area and is equipped with a great coffee machine and every appliance you could possibly need to cook up a feast. There are three bedrooms - two double rooms, both with queen-sized beds and built-in wardrobes; the third bedroom is currently being used as a study, but we will add bunk beds and a cot (it's soon to be our nursery), making it perfect for kids. There is ducted heating and air conditioning for comfort all year round. The garden is a great space for relaxing and enjoying dinner outside - it gets sunshine right through the day but is quiet and secluded. It’s enclosed and safe for kids, with an extended deck with seating area and barbecue; a low-maintenance lawn and a small vertical vegetable garden - help yourselves to some home-grown veggies. We should also be able to include a car (a VW Golf GTi) and at least 2 bikes for getting around easily (and even a very friendly labrador if requested!). Since moving to Australia 5 years ago we have been TVless, however wifi is available. There's also a SONOS music system in the living area.
Our location is perfect - central Melbourne with all of it's attractions is only 7km away and easily and quickly accessible by car, bike (cycle path most of the way to the city) or train. The house is roughly equidistant between Yarraville and Seddon, each around 5 minutes walk away. Both Yarraville and Seddon have a fabulous village culture and vibrant atmosphere. The village centres offer a great choice of cafes, restaurants and shops. Yarraville also boasts the Sun theatre (a stunning retro, independent cinema). Surrounding us, there are parks and plenty of spots for a walk or run and there are lots of other activities to do including tennis, yoga, and pilates. If you are planning on exploring the coast, we’re only a few minutes drive from the Western Freeway, leading to the Surf Coast and the Bellarine Peninsula (both an hour away by car). Torquay is the home of Bells Beach and the Rip Curl Pro, and the start of the world famous Great Ocean Road. The Bellarine Peninsula is quiet and laid back, with plenty of beautiful beaches and wineries.
We’re a family of two (soon to be three - we’re expecting our first baby in August) and have lived in Yarraville since 2015. Both myself and my husband, Stacy, are doctors and work in hospitals in Melbourne. We also share our house with our lovely yellow lab, Cooper, although, to be honest, he rules the roost!
We are extremely flexible with home swap dates. We rent a beach house in Torquay, so could offer our Yarraville property at more or less any time. We are planning a trip to the UK in December 2016 and would love to find a property in the UK where we can stay over Christmas. We’d be happy with a direct swap, a staggered swap or a stay for Swap Points.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
More about us
- We got married last year and are expecting our first baby very soon
- We love travelling, Stand Up Paddle surfing and good food - we try to combine these passions on our trips away
- We are originally from the UK but have lived in Australia for 5 years
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Huge list of restaurants to choose from our top 3 within walking distance: Copper Pot, Luxsmith, Mozzarella Bar
- Cool bars
- Seddon Wine Store, Barkley Johnson
- Cozy cafés
- Hundreds (this is Melbourne after all)...top 3: Fig and Walnut, Healthy Self Co, Common Galaxia
- Retail therapy
- Plenty of independent and quirky shops in Yarraville and Seddon. Needless to say the CBD will meet all your shopping needs
- Bit of culture
- The Sun Theatre, Scienceworks Williamstown and glut of museums and other attractions in the city
- Walks in the park
- Yarraville Gardens and Cruickshank Park are good for dog walks, Harris Reserve playground for the kids, walks along Maribyrnong River
- Spot of exercise
- Lots of pilates and yoga studios, Yarraville tennis club, running along the river, cycling into the city or down to Williamstown Beach
- Day tripping
- Lots of great beaches on the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and Mornington Peninsula. For some mountain air and wineries head to the Yarra Valley or the Grampians
You may also like
Our home is a renovated 1880s residence with 6 generous bedrooms all with ensuites, There are multiple living areas, outside cooking area, large kitchen,...
Our stunning home has 3 rooms and sleeps 6 or 7 people with 2 bathrooms. The house is close to vibrant St Kilda and right in the middle of Elwood village...