We are using this loft for one year. It's sixties character with wooden panelling, combined with the contemporary and vintage furniture make this a real hot...
4 bedroomhouse with garden
4 bedroomhouse with garden
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 baths
About our home
Ghent is a very attractive medieval city with lots of young people thanks to his university. It has been awarded and mentioned several times by many travellers companies. Like: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/belgium/flanders/ghent/travel-tips-and-articles/76165 and http://landlopers.com/2013/01/27/love-ghent/ .
In July we have the longest outdoor festival in Europe in the city centre with a lot of free performances, for more info on what to do: http://www.use-it.be/_files/inlineuploads/pages/ghent_activities.pdf.
The is a very vivid nightlife, great musea, churches and cultural activities.
It's also a great place if you want to explore the rest of Belgium and Europe.
By train you can get to:
Places in Belgium:
1) Sea and beaches: Knokke or Ostend () in less than 1 hour.
2) Interesting cities: Brugge (30 min), Brussels (45min), Antwerp (1 hour), Lieges (1 hour 45 min)
3) hiking and canoeing (in the Ardens): various options in less than 2 hours train ride.
4) World war one (museums, trenches graves): Ypres (1 hour 10 min)
5) World war 2: less than a 2 hour train ride to various places in the Ardens.
Places nearby in Europe (leaving in Ghent by train):
1) France: Lille (1hour 20min), Paris (2hours 15 min),
2) Holland: Amsterdam (2 hours 30 min), Rotterdam (1 hour 45min)
3) Germany: Koln (less than 3 hours)
4) England: London (3 hours 15min)
We are located very close to the railwaystation (20 minute walk at slow pace, 10 minutes by bus), city centre (15minute walk on foot, under 10 min by bus), important museums (5 minutes walk), city parks (5 minutes walk), lots of shops very close by. If you wish you can use our bikes to travel around in Ghent (it's the easiest an by far fastest way of exploring the city)
In our street there are lots of young couples and students, but those students will mostly be gone during July. There is little traffic and it is a very safe neighbourhood. At the end of the street there is one of the many canals which is great for walking or biking.
All kind of shops are just 2 streets away. The millionaires area is also close by and there you can see some of the finest architectural buildings. A swimming pool and sauna are just around the corner. There is a new tropical swimming pool at the "Rozebroeken" that is great for children its 30 min by bus to get there.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We are a young couple with 2 little boys, the youngest wil be 1year this summer and the oldest 2,5 years.
- I'm a singer and make-up artist and my husband is IT-coordinater.
- Im going to London to follow a make up course. We love to play in the park with our kids, or to visit city centers with lots of History our nice museums. We also love good vegetarian restaurants.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- mosquito coast, patershol....
- Cool bars
- vooruitcafe, limonada, white cat....
- Cozy cafés
- dambert, hot club de gand....
- Bit of culture
- smak, ,miat, desing museum, gravesteen, patershol, Sint baafs cathedral
- Walks in the park
- zuid-park, citadelpark
- Day tripping
- Bruges, Antwerp, Paris, Lille/france, Amsterdam.....
You may also like
Our home, a 1900 manor house has been completely renovated and refurbished in 2010 with respect for the Original architecture. Extremely light, spacious, and...
The 3 bed room appartment is an ideal retreat for families with kids or just a couple who wish to relax and enjoy the pure aire of the seaside. The...