The house was build by a local architect in 2009, integrating modern amenities with the beautiful landscape of the Brazilian natural forest and the sea. Lots...
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 baths
About our home
Quiet and nature place. This is a unique property hidden away in the Amazon forest, 45 minutes of Mocajuba (boat ride time, Tocantins River), and 240 km of Belém, State of Pará, Brazil. Belém is an UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy, and also is called Portal Amazon. The place is free of cars, but there are motorcycles. 04 bedrooms, 03 bathrooms. The kitchen is equipped with freezer, refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, blender and mixer, dishes, cutlery and pans.
There are two well defined seasons in the Amazon region. The winter, from January to June, with heavy rain, when the volume of water in the Tocantins River increases greatly, reaching the apex in june, and the waters surround the house and come under the house (as can be seen at the pictures). The other season is the summer, from July to December, when the waters do not come under the house. On both, it is possible swimming in the river.
Why We Love Our Home
#When we are in the rooms or on the balcony, we can hear the sound of water under the house at bedtime and on awakening. /Quando estamos nos quartos ou na varanda, podemos ouvir o som das águas embaixo da casa na hora de dormir e ao despertar.
#The water temperature. At any time, we can go to the bridge to cool off in the river, even before bedtime. /A temperatura da água. A qualquer momento, pode-se ir até a ponte se refrescar no rio. Inclusive antes de dormir.
#The silence of the river, broken only by the Amazon's dolphin coming breathe or fishes. O silêncio do rio, apenas quebrado pelo som do boto (golfinho) que vem respirar, ou dos peixes que se alimentam.
The place is a village of fishermen and small farmers (also called “ribeirinhos ” and “quilombolas”). The "ribeirinhos" are people who live close to the river and depend on the river for everything. The "quilombolas" are descendants of slaves who took refuge in the place. Locals are engaged in artisanal fishing for their own subsistence. The Municipal Market of Mocajuba is the main market that supplies the region and their families.
Below, you will find the activities that can be done at the local neighbourhood. There are possibilities to explore plants, animals and the cultural diversity. Although there are no restaurants, shops or markets at the place, it is possible to find the necessary for cooking in Mocajuba.
1) boat trip on the river with stops at small islands, beaches, and fishermen's houses.
2) Observation of animals such as: dolphin, “bicho-preguiça”, birds and little monkeys
3) Visit to the Uxizal Community of Quilombo. Visit to the village with ribeirinhos-quilombolas's typical houses.
4) canoe trip through “furos” and “igarapés”. A “furo” or “igarapé” is a watercourse of first or third order, consisting of a long river or channel. They are characterized by shallow waters and almost run into the forest.
5) trails in the forest
6) observation of manufactoring handmade flour by the quilombolas
* These services can be arranged with locals.
You can see more pictures of our home at:
- Vacation Home
More about us
- We are an outgoing family of five: Carlos & Angela, and our twins, 9 years old, Pedro Vinicius, Maria Fernanda e Maria Letícia. This is our second house, so we're happy to consider different timings.
- Ângela & Carlos work as professors at Federal University of Pará (Belém, Pará, Brazil), Faculty of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering.
- We travel as a couple or with our sons. We have recently joined LoveHomeSwap, and have not done any exchange so far. We are friendly, respectful, clean and will treat your home as our own. In our free time, we love outdoors activities. One of the most beautiful places we have visited was the Waterfall Buracão (Chapada Diamantina, Bahia, Brazil).
Where is it?
You may also like
This contemporary designed house with its white floors and high ceilings was remodeled from an artists studio. The rooms are cool and spacious set in a...
Perfectly located, this house is close to all you need to do in Rio, but feels like a vacation villa, located within a highly regarded Joatinga condominium....