“This was a wonderful first experience in lovehomeswap. TJ's house was very spacious and well appointed. She was gracious enough to leave a bottle of wine for us and chocolate for my kids. Midtown Ottawa was easily accessible with a 10-15 min drive. TJ was easily accessible if there were any issues. I would strongly recommend her home to anyone wanting to visit Ottawa and Gatineau. Thanks TJ for your exemplary generosity and accommodation. ”
Elegant Townhome in Canada's Capital Region
Elegant Townhome in Canada's Capital Region
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 baths
About our home
Our contemporary, classically-appointed home welcomes you!
You will enjoy cooking in our bright eat-in kitchen with exotic granite counters and stainless steel appliances; relaxing and watching movies in our loft family-room with fireplace; and soaking in our large hot-tub in our private well-appointed yard.
Of course, our BMW and Mini Cooper are on hand to take you to day-trips and more if you can reciprocate.
We are in the middle of the Greenbelt, which means you have access to kilometres of outdoor trails, mountains, lakes, rivers, golf courses, ski stations, to do your thing any time of the year! You will notice that you are less than 2 hours away from Mont-Tremblant Village and Montreal and less than 5 hours away from historical Quebec City and Toronto.
If you want to practice your French or your English...this is the perfect place to immerse yourself. From children to seniors to couples...you will find so much to please a variety of tastes. Our home has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and can accommodate 8 people comfortably + 2 more on a queen pull-out bed if you need it.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
“We were at MJ and Andre's place for the labour day week-end. The house is very beautiful and it was perfect with adults and teenagers. When we arrived, we discovered many attentions from the host and we felt very welcomed! The situation is very close from Ottawa and all the tourist attractions. It is very easy to go everywhere. MJ helped us with instructions about our trip plan. We are very satisfied of our week-end and we recommend this place without hesitation. Thanks MJ and Andre for your hospitality!!!”
“MJ and Andre were so accommodating and friendly. We were able to meet them before they left for our place, which reassured us that our house would be in good hands. We were visiting family, so the location was perfect for us. We were close to everything Gatineau and Ottawa had to offer. The Casino was only 9 minutes away and we enjoyed that experience as well. Ottawa is so beautiful! If you've never visited here before, I would highly recommend it. ”
More about us
- We're in our early fifties - MJ is an entrepreneur, CPA, and a bit of an artist and Andre is a keen cyclist and runner and he works in corporate security.
- We have four adult children and our home swaps are our family getaways
- We love exploring, hiking, the beach, skiing, golfing, great food, art and history!
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- In Westboro - Allium, Absynthe; On the Market - Play, Social, Luxe, Stella's
- Cool bars
- On the Quebec side: Aux Quat' jeudis, Le Troquet, Pizzaza; On the Market - Milestone's
- Cozy cafés
- Edgar - Must go for lunch! Little 11 place shop to grab the best from this Canadian award winning place!
- Retail therapy
- Rideau Centre, Bayshore Shopping Centre
- Bit of culture
- Parliament, Museum of History (and GREAT kids section not to be missed), National Art Gallery, Museum of War, Museum of Natural Sciences, Chateau Laurier and Locks
- Walks in the park
- Gatineau Park, Mooney's Bay
- Spot of exercise
- Gym in our garage and the great outdoors! - Ski Edelweiss, Fortune, Vorlage, Ste-Marie
- Day tripping
- Go to Montreal!!!! Ski Mont-Tremblant, Morin Heights Water Park
You may also like
We live where 2 rivers meet, the Ottawa River and the Petawawa river. Near Algonquin Provincial Park. 4 golf clubs near by.
Situated in the Harborfront community our modern 2 bedroom apartment looks out over Lake Ontario and is minutes away from Toronto’s best restaurants and...
Family home minutes away to Gorgeous Blue Mountain Village and the town of Collingwood. Area activities include skiing, hiking, road cycling, water sports....