Seas the Moment Cottage is a custom built open beam Red Pine wood home overlooking New London Bay. The cottage was constructed in 2002 and is tastefully...
Beautiful Historic Home in the Heart of PEI
Beautiful Historic Home in the Heart of PEI
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 2 baths
About our home
We have a beautiful heritage home in a historic neighbourhood of the capital city, Charlottetown. The home has the charm and historical features expected of a century old building with the conveniences of modern amenities. It is a family home with a large recently renovated kitchen and eat-in area adjacent to a family room complete with wood stove and lots of "tween-oriented" games (all hidden if not required). The separate dining and living rooms have their own ornate fireplaces. Upstairs is the master bedroom, single bedroom, and guest bedroom that can sleep 2. We have a large fenced in backyard with a dining area perfect for summer meals and a lounging area complete with fire-pit. There is also a trampoline and swing-set. The front of the house has a wide porch with a swinging bench and large comfy chairs for curling up in and watching the world go by from behind billowing gauze curtains (the horse drawn carriage tours go by our house during the summer!)
Prince Edward Island is a beautiful location for a relaxing, family oriented holiday. Nicknamed the "Garden Isle" for its green rolling landscape, it is famous for its miles of sandy beaches and red soil. It has historic roots as the "Birthplace of Confederation" of Canada, and is home to the famous literary character Ann of Green Gables.
Our home is perfect combination of city and rural living. We are in the middle of a leafy, quiet family neighbourhood where children can still play hide and seek at night. At the same time we are a 5 minute walk to the picturesque, waterfront downtown area and to the world famous "Ann of Green Gables" theatre production. Restaurants, museums, shopping, boat, bike, and bus tours are all easily within walking distance. A large farmers' market and shopping center is a 3 minute drive or bus ride away. A 20 minute drive takes you to miles of white sandy beaches where you can buy your own lobster from the fishers returning from a day on the water. They will even take you out for a day of fishing if you wish. Campgrounds and hiking trails located in the provincial north shore park are easily accessible and a 30 minute drive will take you to the 5star CrowBush Links Golf Course and Resort.
If you would like to take an extended holiday to neighbouring provinces, ferries to Nova Scotia, NewFoundland and Magdelaine Islands are available.
Our ocean front cottage allows for a nonsimultaneous exchange. We could visit you in the winter and you could enjoy a stay at our secluded beach house during the summer. Or, an exchange with us could include a 1 week stay at the cottage. It is located between a 5star golf course and beautiful National Park. The cottage has 2 bedrooms, sleeps 6, all bedding provided. It is right on the bOueach with beautiful views of the ocean and adjacent National Park. Kayak, canoe and bike rentals are within a 2 minute drive. It is the ideal location for a romantic getaway for two or a fun filled adventure for a family.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We are 2 professionals with a 14 year old daughter who love to travel
- We would love July 2016 in England and August 2016 in France. But open to ideas
- We have the luxury of travelling outside of school holidays
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- To many to choose from
- Retail therapy
- Wonderful local shops and artisan boutiques can be found around Victoria Row. A popular Farmers market opens outside the Confederation Center every Saturday evening and Sunday Afternoon.
- Bit of culture
- The world famous "Anne of Green Gables" production is showcased at the Confederation Centre of the Arts right beside Victoria Row. "Lifestuyle tours" are readily available for affordable prices. These tours will help you immerse yourelf in island culture - go lobster or mussel fishing with a local fisher, and then have a lobster feed on the beach. Or have world famous local chef, Micheal Smith help you harvest potatoes and then have a bake off with him in his new 4star restaurant in Fortune Bay. So much fun!
- Walks in the park
- Victoria Park is a 63 acre waterfront park across the street from our house. A 3 minute walk through the park gets you to the water's edge and a rental facility for water activities such as paddle boarding, canoeing, etc.
- Spot of exercise
- Biking is a great way to get around Charlottetown and get your excercise. A popular fitness spa located in downtaown offers weekly rates. And Univeristy of PEI has a world class fitness centre just a 7 minute drive from the house. And the waterfront offers rentals for paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.
- Day tripping
- Charlottetown is located on an island that boasts miles and miles of white sand just minutes from our home. Cavendish, Lobster fishing, deepsea fishing, kayaking and of course just relaxing, are all available minutes drive from the house
You may also like
Our Canmore home is located on a quiet, residential street only minutes walk away from downtown Canmore where you can find coffees shops, restaurants, local...
Situated in the Harborfront community our modern 2 bedroom apartment looks out over Lake Ontario and is minutes away from Toronto’s best restaurants and...