About our home
With ocean views from every room, enjoy quiet relaxation in this elegant log lodge. Set in 3 acres of coastal woodland, you have total privacy but are only 25 minutes from downtown Halifax and 20 minutes to shopping, movie theatres, and seafood restaurants.
The 3500 square foot lodge has wireless high-speed internet, a bubble jet tub in the master en-suite, and very comfortable beds with memory foam Tempur mattresses.
There is a private waterfront cabana and direct water access, where you can launch the kayak and explore the shoreline, or, on lucky occasions, paddle along-side whales or seals. It is a lovely place to sit and read when it is raining, or to practise yoga.
The dark night skies are filled with stars in this romantic retreat.
Lower floor has a home theatre.
Please note: smoking is not permitted. As the house is on the ocean and as there is a second storey balcony, it is not suited for small children.
Although there are 3 bedrooms one is currently used as a study.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- Watch the lobster boats harvest your supper.
- Cool bars
- Halifax offers a multitude of friendly pubs featuring live Maritime music
- Retail therapy
- Bayers Lake (the largest retail outlet in Atlantic Canada); Halifax Farmers’ Market (founded in 1750, known as North America’s oldest)
- Bit of culture
- Neptune Theatre; Maritime Museum of the Atlantic; Pier 21
- Walks in the park
- just outside your front door
- Spot of exercise
- Kayaking; Seaside golf courses (15 minutes)
- Day tripping
- Picturesque Peggy’s Cove (one of Atlantic Canada’s most famous tourist attractions, 20 minutes); Lunenburg (UNESCO World Heritage Sight, 1½ hour coastal drive)
3 4 3
3 things about us
- Well-traveled middle aged professional couple
- Love design, theatre and architecture
- We will treat your home with great respect
- Our dream swap destinations
- Our ideal times
- Any time