“Excellent house in a lovely area of Hamilton . Very enjoyable stay , we found the hosts to be very helpful both in communication before our arrival and during the swap with lots of brochures and information on the area left for us which we found helpful . The house is a lovely home very spacious inside with a lovely hot tub and bbq area in the back garden which is really nice to relax in . The location is excellent being only a short walk from the lovely pier 4 park with its scenic lake shore trails . Bikes were left for our use in the garage which we found it to be a very good way to explore the area . Hamilton is a lovely vibrant area with lots going on, it has a lovely community spirit and something for everyone to do . If you ever get the chance you really must visit Hamilton . This area also makes a great launching pad to see Toronto , Niagara falls and surrounding area . Lovely home thanks for having us . ”
charming 1885 brick semi.
charming 1885 brick semi.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 baths
About our home
Our 1885 semi has been completely renovated and includes a hot tub. In the art district of Hamilton, it is within walking distance to bike paths around the harbour, many parks, many many restaurants and galleries, the library and market and a 10 minutes walk to the direct GO bus to Toronto (45 minutes). In 2015 a new Go Station will open two blocks away. This is a great place to be July 10-26,2015 for the Pan Am Games. Soccer is 10 minutes away in Hamilton's brand new stadium.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
More about us
- I'm a travel writer., Tom is a retired financial advisor. He adores renovating,
- We love our neighbourhood, and you'll find it friendly too.
- We have the charm of a small city, but are close to Toronto, and Ni.agara.Visit at Christmas, or the Pam Am Games in July.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- The entire James St. North two blocks away has become a gourmet's paradise. We love Jack and Lola's, the Harbour Diner, and AcclamationMulberry. James St. North is a street filled with art galleries, restaurants, and funky store. One a month there is an art crawl, with all the stores and galleries open late, joined by food trucks, and crafters. Several times a year, the street closes for Open Streets, with happening bands playing up and down the street.
- Cool bars
- The Bar on Locke, Boo's Bistro & Wine Bar, AND at least ten more that you can walk to, including Sarcoas to watch the sunset.
- Cozy cafés
- Mulberry St. Coffeehouse on James St. N.
- Retail therapy
- Lost of funky little stores within a five minute walk, Milli's is a upscale boutique that brings shoppers from Toronto.
- Bit of culture
- Hamilton Art Gallery is a 10 minutes walk away, so is Dundern Castle. The second friday of the month is a
- Walks in the park
- We have 14 k of parks three blocks away around the harbour, 2 bikes are available.
- Spot of exercise
- Walk two blocks to a community indoor pool. T Brind your roller blades, or ice skates, there is a rink at the harbour, again just a stroll away. You can also rent skates.oo many golf courses to count, Hike the many waterfalls. Hamilton is a haven for those looking to hike, cycle, canoe, kayak, climb, ski, skate, you name it.
- Day tripping
- Niagara Falls, just an hour by public transit, Toronto less than an hour the other way.
You may also like
The Iconic L tower just finished construction 2 years ago. Our unit is on the 35th floor. It is a corner unit with an incredible panoramic view of the...
Our home is a side split home located in a very friendly family neighbourhood called Sheridan Homelands. The home itself has 3 bedrooms on the upper floor,...
Renovated two bedroom home in trendy Riverdale Neighbourhood of downtown Toronto. Both bedrooms are on the second floor, plus there is also a pullout couch...