“We loved our stay in Darryl and Erika's home. Their house was spacious and very comfortable with great views of the ocean. Our kids loved the trampoline and the sandpit! The location was peaceful, yet incredibly handy and made the perfect base to explore beautiful Vancouver Island (although there was plenty to do in the immediate area and just staying at home and relaxing was also nice!). Darryl and Erika were very easy to deal with and thoughtful hosts and we would highly recommend them as future swap partners.”
Spacious Family Home with Ocean View
Spacious Family Home with Ocean View
Darryl & Erika
Over a monthMember since
This is a super-member. They're experienced home swappers or the fastest responders.
This member has verified their identity using one of our approved methods
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 6 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 baths
About our home
We have a six bedroom home in a friendly neighbourhood overlooking the ocean in Nanaimo. Our home is located in a central, residential neighbourhood and is only a short walk to the beach, grocery store, coffee shop and restaurant. The ocean view looks out over Departure Bay where you will see the coastal mountain views and watch the ferries arrive from Vancouver.
Nanaimo is a small city with beautiful parks and an extensive waterfront walkway. There are numerous day hikes in nearby forests and mountains. The Nanaimo Golf Course is 5 min from our home. Being a coastal city, Nanaimo is surrounded by a system of small islands nearby to explore by boat, kayak or paddle board as well as world class scuba diving. Mt Washington ski hill is just over an hour away with fantastic downhill and cross country skiing, and tubing.
Our home is comfortable with air conditioning, central heating and a natural gas hot water system for unlimited hot water. There are three queen sized beds and two single beds in five bedrooms with an additional bedroom functioning as an office. We have two large flat screen TVs and wireless internet throughout the house. We have a large, private backyard with a trampoline, sand box and fruit trees. With three children of our own, there are toys and books to share.
The use of our mini van or four door sedan can be arranged, as well as a house cleaner, upon request.
For more information on why to come here, see the following you tube videos.
For British Columbia
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Equipped for kids
“Darryl & Erika were such a lovely family. Easy communication and their house was beautiful. and their house wonderful. Views are out of this world. The location was perfect and a wonderful base to explore vancouver island! My boys and I had an amazing 2 weeks! Thank you!!!! Neighbours were so lovely too. In fact, loved Vancouver so my, now trying to relocate their next year. ”
“Darryl and Erika are an amazing couple with three great children. Their house is in a picture perfect neighbourhood with friendly neighbours and centrally located for easy access to all major tourist areas on Vancouver Island. The island is easily accessible from the mainland by Ferry or plane with many services running daily. The house was large and roomy and with plenty of space for our large family and had all the creature comforts. I could not recommend Darryl and Erica highly enough as swap partners. They really made everything easy and hassle free. Thanks again, Mark and Peta. ”
More about us
- Non smoking couple with a fourteen year old girl and two boys, ages ten and eight. We will treat your home with the same care and attention as our own.
- We operate a small software consulting company. Our family loves reading, hiking, games, swimming, boating, good food, outdoor activities and new experiences.
- With school-aged children, we prefer to swap during the school holidays or summer break.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Browns Social House (west coast style), Penny`s Palapa (fresh mexican in marina), Whitespot (family friendly restaurant), Zougla (fine dining within walking distance)
- Cool bars
- Longwood Brew Pub (restaurant section for kids, try local beer sampler), Firehouse Grill (drinks & sushi downtown), Black Bear Pub (patio and delicious foods)
- Cozy cafés
- Tim Hortons (walk there for donuts), Cobbs, Nesvogs & Starbucks (our Saturday morning walk to our local bakery, butcher and coffee shop), Delicados (fresh, west coast style wraps and salads)
- Retail therapy
- Old City Quarter (unique local stores), Woodgrove Mall (biggest mall in town), Farmers Markets (local produce during growing season)
- Bit of culture
- Port Theatre (music & theatre shows), Nanaimo Museum (first nations & coal mining exhibits)
- Walks in the park
- Beach Estates Park (walk from our house through a forested ravine with waterfall), Newcastle Island (visible from our house, take a Harbour Ferry there), Pipers Lagoon (local spit with driftwood forts), Neck Point (download a geo cache app and explore)
- Spot of exercise
- Westwood Lake (6.7 km trail around lake with lake swimming) , Alberni Outfitters (Ocean Kayaking, Canoeing or Paddleboarding), Wild Play (outdoor rope course up in the trees), Nanaimo Aquatic Centre (indoor wave pool)
- Day tripping
- Cathedral Grove (old growth forest), Victoria (capital city), Rathtrevor Provincial Park (forest trails and sandy beach)
You may also like
Cadboro Bay is a neighbourhood nestled between the University of Victoria uphill to the west and some of the most expensive neighbourhoods in Greater...
Our comfortable west coast style home is located just one mile outside world famous Whistler Village in a quiet residental neighbourhood, with the "valley...
Built in 1911 (and that's old for Vancouver) this charming heritage home has been completely restored so that it retains its vintage charm whilst boasting...