Our home was built in 2001 and offers everything one needs to have a relaxing and/or energizing holiday. You can choose to sit on the deck and admire the...
Charming Character Home
Charming Character Home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 baths
About our home
Welcome to our cheerful garden home in beautiful Victoria on Vancouver Island. This house sits on 2/3 of an acre in the charming neighborhood of Oak Bay. The 2400 square ft. character house is extremely quiet and private, and features three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a modern kitchen/breakfast room, ten person dining room, spacious salon with fireplace, small office/library and a private den with pull-out sofa. The master suite connects to a garden view en suite and small private deck. The property features hardwood floors, 9 ft. ceilings, Arts and Crafts details and an extensive collection of contemporary art. The house is nestled amongst the propertys many large Garry Oak trees, garden paths and cascading ponds and was featured in Gardens West Magazine in 2008. The large back patio is a serene place to sip a glass of wine, read a book, and enjoy the relaxing sights and sounds of the garden. We are located close to the waterfront and only a few minutes drive to historic downtown Victoria. The Oak Bay Village, only a 15 minute walk away, offers a variety of charming boutiques, cafes, pubs and restaurants. The neighborhood includes endless walking opportunities along a serene waterfront, nature trails, and many of Vancouver Islands finest homes. Victoria is a unique blend of old world charm and wild pacific beauty. Situated against a backdrop of ancient rain forests and the Olympic Mountains, the Garden City boasts the mildest climate in Canada. Green and beautiful all year round, Victoria is known for its colorful gardens, and was rated #1 Destination to Visit in Canada by the 2010 TripAdvisor Travelers Choice Awards. Vancouver Island, where Victoria is located, was recently rated as the Top Island in the Continental US and Canada as well as one of the Top Ten Islands in The World by the 2012 Travel + Leisure Worlds Best Awards.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- No pets
More about us
- We're a Canadian and English couple.
- Deb is a physician and Andy is an artist.
- We love art, design, gardening and architecture and we'll treat your home with the same consideration as our own.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Zabri's, The Penny Farthing Pub, Cafe Brio, Brasserie L'école, Il Terrazzo, Ulla
- Cool bars
- Stage Wine Bar, Veneto Tapa Lounge, The Snug
- Cozy cafés
- Union Pacific Cafe, Pure Vanilla, Cook's Day Off
- Retail therapy
- Nicholas Randal, Winchester Art Gallery, Chintz and Co., LoJo Design District
- Bit of culture
- Royal BC Museum, Greater Victoria Art Gallery, Maritime Museum, BC Parliament Buildings
- Walks in the park
- Beacon Hill Park, Uplands Park, Butchart Gardens
- Spot of exercise
- Galloping Goose Trail, Mount Douglas Park, Kayaking in the Gorge Waterway
- Day tripping
- Coombs, Cathedral Grove Park, Sooke Potholes, Duncan Totem Poles, Goldstream Park, Sidney Spit
You may also like
Our beautiful home is right on the oceanfront with spectacular views across the Strait of Juan de Fuca to the Olympic mountains. Totally updated with a...
Our character home is just steps from the ocean and is set in a very friendly yet luxurious neighbourhood. From walks on the beach to whale watching to...