Not to far from downtown Shanghai, our apartment is located in the Shanghai Racquet Club.
Large, luxury family home
Large, luxury family home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 5 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 baths
About our home
Our family house is a great base to explore Shanghai. We're in the district of Hongqiao, just a few miles from the CBD. The area is popular with expat communities as well as locals.
Our free-standing, 5-bedroom home is spread over three levels. On the ground floor, there is wonderfully bright, large lounge and dining room, adjacent to the separate kitchen. There's also a guest bathroom, laundry room and large storage room on this level. On the first floor is king-bed master bedroom with en-suite bath, shower and walk in closet. Three further bedrooms (two with bunk beds, one with a child's bed) and a family bath/shower room complete this level. On the top level we have a huge additional king-sized bedroom / lounge with two balconies.
We have two cats, who are very maintenance free and our housekeeper can generally take care of them as she visits most days. Each bedroom has a BluAir air purifier and the living room has an IQAir machine, so the air in our house is very clean and unaffected by our pets. We also have ducted aircon and heating throughout.
Our lawned garden is fully fenced and includes a large trampoline, a gas BBQ, swing seat and dining table and chairs for 8.
The house is within a tree-lined private community of 50 houses and is one of the most pleasant places to live in Shanghai. The onsite management company, based in the clubhouse, is able to help you at any time. You can use our onsite clubhouse with indoor and outdoor pools, gym, sauna, children's playroom and flood-lit tennis court. There's also an outdoor children's playground and small soccer pitch.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We're a British couple who've lived in Australia for 5 years and Shanghai for the last 8.
- We have 3 great children - two girls aged 9 and 6 and a 4 year old boy
- We've now done many home exchanges and have loved every experience we've had.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Shanghai is a foodie's paradise. There's Chinese food unlike anything you'll have had outside China, as well as fabulous food from all over the world.
- Cool bars
- Shanghai doesn't sleep. If you want to dance the night away until it's light, then there's plenty on offer!
- Cozy cafés
- The former French Concession area is great to spend days wandering around, looking in small shops and stopping in one of the many cafe's.
- Retail therapy
- The most exclusive malls in Asia right down to fake markets and fabric markets where you can get your suits and dresses made to measure.
- Bit of culture
- Shanghai has culture galore! Museums, art districts, amazing architecture, chequered history, colonial concessions, close by water towns....
- Walks in the park
- Lots of them, and you'll see people dancing, flying kites and even walking backwards!
- Spot of exercise
- 2 pools and a gym in our compound.
- Day tripping
- Hangzhou, Moganshan, Suzhou, Yellow Mountain - even Beijing on the new high speed bullet trains in less than 5 hours
You may also like
My apartment was decorated in 2013,with 150sqm,in the city center,there are many restaurants,malls,supermarket,cafe,cinema and city Libruary,very convenient...
It's in the most beautiful island of China, SanYa ,Hainan province. All the best 5 stars hotel located. The best for couple to enjoy a romantic holiday or...