Cosy home available in Frederiksberg, one of the most coveted neighbourhoods in CPH. Kids friendly as we have 2 toddlers of our own. The swap will come with...
4 room apartment with balcony and park-like backyard
4 room apartment with balcony and park-like backyard
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 5
- 1 baths
About our home
We have a dining room opening onto a balcony (with the view you see in the photo), a twin bedroom, plus 2 living rooms ensuite; one with sofa (sleeps one), TV and piano, one with a bunk bed for children or guests. And kitchen and bathroom with shower.
Our home is 90 m2 and located on the 3rd floor. There is hardly any noise from the streets. The apartment is cosy and well-kept. It is intended to be used, not handled with silken gloves.
We cherish our balcony and the green, park-like backyard with lawns, tables, barbeque grills, playgrounds and even a petanque court. It is very children friendly, and the neighbours are very hospitable. The city is very bicycle-oriented and you may borrow our bikes if you like. Otherwise, distances are short and public transportation quick and reliable.
There is free internet access, TV and DVD player, plus washing machine and dish-washer.
The apartment is located in the heart of Nørrebro, the part of city most popular among artists, students and other people who fancy small shops, café life etc. in a lively and multicultural atmosphere. It is the Amsterdam or Kreutzberg of Denmark.
City lakes and squares are situated in 2 mins walking distance from the apartment. Restaurants and bars of all kinds abound in the immediate surroundings.
City buses pass by every 5 mins, connecting with all main train and Metro stations in the Copenhagen area. It is easy to go to anywhere - Tivoli, beaches or the countryside.
We are Birgitte (36yrs) and Rasmus (38yrs), art historian and film programmer, respectively.
We enjoy life in the city and the ample cultural opportunities in the metropoles: concerts, museums, cinemas, etc.
We are extrovert, curious people who have both travelled a lot and feel its time to repay the hospitality we have encountered in other places.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- We're a couple with 3 kids (Theo, 4 yrs, Eigil, 3 yrs and Kastanje, born May 2014).
- We enjoy home swapping for both ideological reasons and for the feeling of HOME.
- We enjoy cities and countryside equally well
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Loads of ethnic stuff in the neighborhood, and also a great place called Oyster and Grill 2 minutes away. Picky? Try the amazing Michelin restaurant Kiin Kiin, Guldberggsgade 21, ☎ +45 35 35 75 55, . 5.30PM-midnight. Is expensive, but takes Thai food to a whole different level, for which it was awarded its first Michellin star in 2007 - book ahead on weekends as the place quickly fills up. 15 servings, over 7 dishes sets you back 650 Kr.
- Cool bars
- Best one: http://thebarkingdog.dk/ in Sankt Hans Gade 2 minutes away. Dozens of others listed here: http://wikitravel.org/en/Copenhagen/N%C3%B8rrebro
- Cozy cafés
- See the link above - literally scores of nice places
- Retail therapy
- Esp. Elmegade which is our neighboring street (you'll pass it coming from the bus stop on Nørrebrogade) in known for its small, trendy and odd shops, also many second-hand
- Bit of culture
- Empire Bio, Guldbergsgade 29 F, ☎ +45 35 36 00 36, . noon-last show. Independent Cinema, which is often described as the best in Copenhagen, despite - or because of - its modest size. Balances between independent productions and mainstream movies. As is the case with all Danish cinemas, international movies are shown in their original language. from 50 Kr. Also check out the calendar of Litteraturhaus (The house of litterature), Møllegade 7, . Housed in a former church, this is Denmark’s first live venue for literature. Here audiences can experience readings by national and international writers, participate in discussions, or participate in events cent red on music, film and other art forms or on their cross-fertilisation with literature.
- Walks in the park
- Assistens Cemetery (Located between Nørrebrogade, Jagtvej and Kaptelvej.), Kapelvej 4, ☎ +45 35 37 19 17, . 8AM-8PM. Is both a cemetery and park. The A-section has big trees, bicycle paths and historical graves, many of famous Danes such as Kierkegaard, H. C. Andersen, and Scherfig. The place has very special atmosphere, in that it also doubles as a park, so you can see people having picnic or tanning in the sun, between the tombstones. Free.
- Spot of exercise
- There is a Fitness.dk in Nørrebrogade. I think.
- Day tripping
- Tivoli, inner Copenhagen, Christiania, The Little Mermaid and Rosenborg Castle can all be reached in 30-90 minutes on foot, and are easily accessible by bus or metro in 10-20 minutes. Longer day trips highly recommended: Kronborg Castle in Helsongør (Elsinore) and The Viking Ship Museum in Roskilde (30 minutes by train)
You may also like
Our home is a 165 m2 one-storey house, with a big garden. With access from the kitchen and the living room there is a terrasse with garden furniture and a...
Our spacious home features 2 large bedrooms and 2 smaller rooms for the kids, a great dining kitchen and a large living room. The garden with the creek...