LOOKING FOR: ALPS/Mountains or French Mediterranean for summer 2017. Lonely Planet selected Finland as one of the top countries to visit in 2017 so now is...
City home for a family
City home for a family
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 baths
About our home
Our modern and urban apartment (house built in 2013) is located in a brand new area in central Helsinki. There are excellent connections to the city centre (10 min by tram or bicycle) and still the ocean is right next to us. In fact - If you would like to take a day trip to Tallinn or St. Petersburg, that is possible from right next door. We have room for 4 people and if you are travelling with kids we have everything you need. And sauna is heated for you Fridays at 7 p.m.!
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- Disabled access
More about us
- We're a family with two little boys aged 6 and 2.
- We both work in the classical music business: Jarno as a musician, Laura as a radio producer.
- We're looking very much forward to get to spend some time in Germany as a family since we will be moving there next year.
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Merimakasiini: excellent seafood, view to the port. Salve: an old sailor joint opened in 1897. Try the fried herrings!
- Cozy cafés
- Cargo: go vegan here. Café Ekberg (on Bulevardi): an old classy Paris-style café.
- Retail therapy
- Check out little designer shops in Punavuori (1 km away from us)
- Walks in the park
- Lapinlahti park (1 km away from us): enjoy peace and quiet + a little beautiful spookiness between Helsinki's oldest cemetary and a abandoned mental hospital.
- Spot of exercise
- Lapinlahti park and the Hietalahti area are excellent for jogging.
- Day tripping
- Take a ferry to Tallinn or St. Petersburg from right next door.
You may also like
Our building is partly a church, designed by the famous architect Lars Sonck in 1929. It is located in Punavuori, a hip but also very pleasant neighbourhood...
Welcome to our communal home. We are five people living together and we can swap one or two of our big bedrooms for you. The apartment is located right next...