Welcome to our beautiful and spacious (150m2) three bedroom home in the heart of old Helsinki. Perfect for families with kids. Our own children are 11, 10...
Architect designed modern home in Lakeland Finland
Architect designed modern home in Lakeland Finland
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 baths
About our home
Our 160 sqm home was built in 2014. We love the architectural details and the modern, minimalistic interior and the solutions that make our everyday living easy and enjoyable. In summertime the big balcony on the sunset side of the house is our space number one. We spend a lot of time there making food in the grill and enjoying the relaxing athmospere and silence. Sauna with a wood burning stove and an outdoor Jacuzzi together are a perfect way to end the day. The house has a good air conditioning system with cooling and during the winter you don't have to worry about the cold – Finnish houses are made for the cold climate – our home is very cozy and warm any day of the year.
Main entrance is on the ground floor as well as the master bedroom fitted with luxurious handmade king size bed, a gym, separate toilet and bathroom with a walk-in wardrobe. On the top floor are living, dining and kitchen area with big windows and a fireplace. There's also another bedroom with a king size bed. Sauna, bathroom and the Jacuzzi are also located on the top floor. We can arrange 2 extra beds and a travelling bed for a baby/little child if needed. Two extra beds can be easily set up for example in the gym room.
Our home is located in a quiet residential area about 3,5 km from the centre of Kuopio. Hill Puijo, with large forest areas and Puijo tower, is just a few steps from our backyard. There are a lot of options for recreational activities in the Puijo nature protection area such as hiking, jogging, cycling and crosscountry-skiing. The outdoor routes are a minute away from our backdoor.
Why visit Finland and Kuopio ?
Kuopio is cozy city of 110.000 inhabitants and it’s surrounded by lovely lakes and lakefronts. Every visitor has to take a cruise in lake Kallavesi. The lake offers opportunities for swimming, boating, canoeing, jetski rides etc. In summertime the sun barely sets so you can enjoy maximum amount of daylight and be outside and enjoy numerous outdoor activities and the Finnish nature at its best.
In wintertime lakes are frozen and you can go there for crosscountry-skiing, skating, snowmobile driving or walking. The famous winter sport and entertainment centre Tahko is just 1 hour drive away – there you can find many ski slopes and other winter activities.
Tahko also has a golf course – maybe the most beautiful course in Finland because of the nature and lakeshores. Nearest golf course is 25 km away from Kuopio.
Many restaurants, cafes, museums, spas and music events in Kuopio are worth visiting. Shopping is possible in central marketplace, market hall, shops and boutiques in the citycenter. Famous shopping mall Matkus is about 10 km south from Kuopio.
The famous Savonlinna Opera Festival in a medieval Olavinlinna castle (july/aug) is only 120 minutes away. Unique places to visit are Valamo and Lintula - the monk and the nunn monasteries – both are about 90 minutes away from Kuopio.
The Kuopio airport is only 25 km away from our home.
If you are interested in staying in Lapland, it’s possible to stay also non-simultaneous in our vacation home in Levi. In Kuopio home we wish to swap homes simultaneously.
When travelling we like to live as if we we're home; we keep places clean and in good condition. When leaving your home you can be sure everything is okay and you are satisfied. We expect the same from you.
For further information visit;
www.levi.fi (our vacation home is in Lapland in Levi area)
YouTube; Kuopio Real City for Real People
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- No pets
More about us
- We are two sisters (Sari and Mari) and a brother (Riku) who own the holiday house in Kittilä Lapland together. The Kuopio house is Sari's and her family's main house. We will use our points together or separate travelling with all of us, with two families, as a couples or whatewer combinations with our families (our parents, 6 adults, 7 children aged from 3 to 26).
- We take good care of our houses and do the same when staying in your house.
- We love our country but also love to travel and see new places - we are very openminded when travelling !
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- You can find all restaurants and comment; www.eat.fi
- Cool bars
- Visit; www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Finland/Itae_Suomi/Kuopio-237620/Nightlife-Kuopio-TG-C-1.html
- Cozy cafés
- Cafe Kaneli, Cafe Houkutus, Cafe Mummola
- Retail therapy
- www.matkusshoppingcenter.fi, some shopping center and many kind of shops and boutiques in the city center
- Bit of culture
- Concerts, museums, Puijo tower, Kuopio Wine Festival, Savonlinna Opera Festival, Monasteries in Heinävesi. See more www.kuopiotahko.fi/events and sightseeing
- Walks in the park
- Many little parks in the city center. Amazing Puijo area where is lot of jogging and walking routes which start in our backyard.
- Spot of exercise
- Day tripping
- www.valamo.fi, www.visitsavonlinna.fi, www.kuopiotahko.fi/tahko
You may also like
Cosy 165 square-meter house built in 2007 in a quiet residential area. First floor has open kitchen, living room with fireplace, bathroom with sauna, and one...
Typical finnish cottage surrounded by forest and lake Puruvesi, Saimaa. 25km from Savonlinna. In sauna cabin can also sleep 2 persons.