About our home
It's not just a tagline ! But our Duplex apartment feels like living in a townhouse.
Right in the heart of the Oberkampf area, at the end of a dead end street and in an isolated area of a small courtyard in our building block, you walk in directly to our house which is a a one story building (we own half of the ground floor and the full first floor).
We used to own the first floor and bought the ground floor 2 years ago. Rather than just put a stairway between the 2 decided to tear down everything and remodel all of it with an italian architect to create this unique townhouse feeling we love.
You can hang out during the summer days in the outside space for morning coffee or pre-dinner drinks, walk back in to have dinner around the bar in open plan kitchen downstairs and then continue upwards later in the evening to read a book or watch a movie before calling it a night in either one of the 3 bedrooms.
Downstairs (ground floor) is a large 40 square meter space with fully equiped kitchen and eat-on bar + if needed a more traditional eating table.
Even if it's on the ground floor, it is full of light (the previous owner was an artist painter) due to large floor to ceiling sliding windows which open to the small courtyard isolated from the rest of the building - (no one passes by).
Upstairs is composed of :
- large living room with floor to ceiling bookcase and home entertainment system. You can from the living room go up yet an other floor to a large mezzanine which has a desk and computer (in case you forgot iPad/tablet or laptop) and a comfortable reading space.
- Adjacent to the living room is our "transformer" guest room with its own bathroom (shower). We call it the transformer because you can either put a bed or just fold the doors to have a very large living room.
- Kid's room is where all the action is ! It is currently equiped with a bed for our 3 year old son but can be switched to a one person bed. It has a lot of space for play whilst leaving enough room for our daughter as she can walk up a flight of stairs to an isolated mezzanine where she can sleep tight and hide all of her secrets. Mezzanine is big enough to hold a large twin bed futon if needed. Needless to say our house is child friendly and with a 3 year old child proof !
- Master bedroom is large and comfy it has ensuite bathroom with confortable bath, 2 sinks and large sliding mirror which opens up to the room.
What else to say : We love the place and I am sure you will love it to !
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
3 6 2
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Calendar last updated:
- Member since:
3 things about us
- We are a couple with 2 children Salomé 9 and Lucas 3
- Laurent works in advertising and Elsa is a Pilates instructor
- We love to travel the world, good food and wine.
- Our dream destinations
- United States