About our home
Bungalow style family home, in historic Bages village 30min drive from Perpignan City, and Airport in the South of France. Bages has a quiet village life, with the main industries being wine and fruit. Bages has everything you may need from medical, restaurants, boulangeries, small supermarket, caves all just 10min walk from the house.
The house has an indoor/outdoor flow, American style kitchen, the dining / lounge is open plan with a ranch slider to the pool and patio areas. Adjacent to the pool is a pool room with double bed settee and wet shower room suitable for disable.
In the main house we have 3 double bedrooms, 1 large bathroom with a bath, walk in shower and toilet. There is an additional separate toilet and a fully equipped utility room.
The pool area has BBQ and gym equipment the pool has safety cover which can easily be closed when required.
We have a Renoult Senic car which can be made available if required. The property is walled with secure gates with plenty of off road parking. The property has a rear gate that gives access to the country side for ambling walks through the vines.
There is 9 hole golf course (3km), and a lake (4km) within a 6k cycling, walking or running circuit. There are fishing facilities at the lake as well as sailing and canoeing. From June to September a number temporary bars and restaurants are constructed at the lake and they are a great facility for a leisureely meal or drink. St.Cyprien Plages is approximatly 12k from the house and is a very safe swinning area. Adjacent to this beach are designated beaches for all water sports. ST Cyprien is part of the Cote Vermille which has many more beautiful beach side towns to explore all uniquely different, with markets to browse, cliff walks, sailing, boating, etc.
The area is a wine lovers paradise, with vines as far as the eye can see. with many Domains to visit and taste at your leasure.
For the retail specialist there are fabulous French fashion shops in Perpignan City, with information centre ready to inform you whats on in the area.
The Pyraeese mountain range awaits you so get out your tramping boots, skis, or just take in the clear fresh mountain air that divides us from Spain and the Costa Brava with Gerona Airport an
anternative easy option to Perpignan airport. Barcelona is just 2 hours south of Bages and is a must to visit.
Andora with its sceinic drive is a duty free shopping centre and Ski resorts,
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Disabled access
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- Cara Sol, Elne; Cortie, Thuir; Argo and Loft, Perpignan, Chateau Rombeau, Rivesaltes. The area has many quality reasturants along the Cote Vermeille and all with 30 minutes of Bages
- Cool bars
- Cool bars are not the thing in this area of France. Bars are often part of reatautants and cafes and do not have a great range of beers and spirits. There is a very good rugby union pub called Cafe des Artistes, Laroque des Alberes, about 20 minutes from Bages.
- Cozy cafés
- There are lots of cozy cafes in all the villages locally, particularly along the coast, but few sell pastries. The only local cafe that does is in a village called Villeneuve de la Raho in the Casino supermarket complex.
- Retail therapy
- There are very good retail outlets in Perpignan 20 minutes from Bages but for a retail feast the best places to go are two towns near the Spanish boarder, Le Perthus in France and La Jonquera in Spain.
- Bit of culture
- The area abounds with culture from Port Vendres which was setteld by the Greeks in 600 BC and who used it as a port and brough the first vines to the area. There is a story to be told in every town in the area and most have an annual festival to celebrate their history which are lively events. more information on www.anglophone-direct.com.
- Walks in the park
- The area abounds with walks from sea level rambles to vigorous mountain walks. The challenges change in the mountains when the snow arrives and sking, snow walking can be added to tramping. All the walking trails are well detailed and are available on line from the tourist offices.
- Spot of exercise
- All forms of exercise are readily available from Yoga, to rrunning and cycling. The area is strongly linked with cycling and many of the current Tour de France riders live accross the boarded in Spain. In addition there are facilities for diving, sailing, swimming, water sports, etc.
- Day tripping
- There are many opportunities for day trips with Barcelona just a few hours away; the Dali Museum in Figueres an hour away; Perpignan 30 minutes. A special day out is a trip to Font Romeu from Villefranche de Conflent on the yellow train.
4 8 2
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Member since:
This member has completed one or more trips
This member has a rapid response rate to trip requests from other members
3 things about us
- I like to travel as I have siblings, children and grandchildren across the world in New Zealand, Switzerland, England and Ireland
- I am Marian is retired but is a qualified Massage Therapist/Reiki master an active yoga participants
- Jim and I woulk like a swap in Auckland so we can be close to our Grandchildren.
- Our dream destinations
- New Zealand