ski in ski out chalet, all bedrooms en suite, balcony with uninterupted mountain views sauna,underfloor heating Only available off peak LOOKING FOR SHORT...
Stunning interior decorated Chalet
Stunning interior decorated Chalet
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 5 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 12
- 3 baths
About our home
Additional photos, plans with layout of the chalet and information on Samoens can be found on:
Beautifully decorated and furnished chalet to the highest standards. It was given a 5 star rating by the Samoens tourist office. Spread over 3 floors the ground floor has its own open plan kitchen/living/dining area and could be used as separate flat. Master bedroom with a jaccuzzi bath. A spa room on the ground floor with sauna, shower and cold tub. Large balcony with dining table and large decking area outside ground floor with compfortable outside sofa and arm chairs. Chalet is south facing and has stunning views across the valley. Two floors with fireplaces. Baby cot available
The chalet sits in a beautiful little hamlet called Mathonex slightly up the hill above Samoens and is a short drive (4km) into the town centre and to the main bubble lift (approx 5km).
Samoens is a very family friendly resort and has a creche for small children allowing the rest of the group to go skiing or enjoy other activities throughout the year. Early booking is recommended though. During the winter or summer season, the tourist office offers a variety of activities and entertainment for adults and children including wonderful fireworks during the main seasons.
Every Wednesday morning is market day from around 9.00-12.00. This is a typical and wonderful huge French market selling everything from food to home accessories, clothes and gifts to take back home.
For those in need of some relaxation, there are a number of places where one can book a massage.
There is a large supermarket on the edge of town and a number of smaller one's plus delicatessen shops selling local produce in the town centre.
Samoens is part of the Grand Massif ski area offering 265km of ski runs of all levels connecting Samoens, Morrilion, Les Carroz D'Arache, Flaine and Sixt. It has a recently build a huge ice ring which is in the centre of town. As an alternative to downhill skiing, there are also many 'ski de fond' and 'snow shoeing' trails. For some additional fun you can walk to a yurt which serves meals or go dog sledging. In the run up to Christmas, there is normally a small Christmas market in the main town square.
Samoens has been repeatedly on the Tour de France route which has come through the town and up the hill (almost past our chalet) to and over the Col de Joue Plain. This is also the summer route from our valley to Morzine.
There are many different activities on offer during the equally popular summer season for all ages from mountain biking (bikes can be hired in town), white water rafting, Via Ferrata, fishing in the local river, swimming in the local swimming pool or lake, tree adventures (including zip wire), paraponting, horse riding, tennis and much more. Samoens has also started introducing musical entertainment and concerts. Over the past couple of years, the Geneva Opera has layed on performances which have been hugely popular. It is a fantastic area for walking almost all year round. The 'Bout du Monde' at the end of our valley is well known for its beauty and the many waterfalls which are building up once the snow is starting to melt.
Between the main seasons our valley is slightly quieter, but as Samoens is a historic working town, it will never be as deserted as many other purpose build ski resorts. Spring and autumn are beautiful seasons for those who enjoy walking and appreciating the stunning outdoors without bumping into lots of other tourists or visitors.
- Vacation Home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
More about us
- We are a couple in our mid 50's with two children age 11 and 14
- My work as head of comms in the travel industry involves quite a lot of traveling and my wife has been working as an interior decorator in Switzerland, France and the UK
- We love sightseeing and enjoy discovering the cultural sights of the countries we travel to
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- Samoens has many restaurants offering either local or a wider mix of meals. For those who don't fell like going out, there are companies who will cook and deliver meals for you and your group.
- Cool bars
- There are plenty of places in town where you can chill out over a drink.
- Cozy cafés
- One of the most popular cafes is La Jaisinia which is right in the centre of town. It sells the most delicious cakes and is a good place for a hot chocolate on a cold day.
- Retail therapy
- Samoens is not short of shops. There are some lovely gift shops, stylish clothes shops (my favourite is in the main square), plenty of ski/ski hire shops and of course delicious delicatessen shops which sell local produce. On a more practical note, there is a garage and a pharmacy plus a number of banks.
- Bit of culture
- Samoens is increasingly introducing musical events during the summer season. In the past it hosted the Geneva Opera Choir laying on performances and is planning something new each year. During both winter and summer season, there is always a reason to entertain visitors with fireworks and other activities for all ages. The Samoens masons were famous for contributing in the building of Frances major cathedrals. It has a beautiful historic centre and a famous botanic Garden. There is a very impressive old monastery in Sixt, at the end of the Samoens valley.
- Walks in the park
- Samoens famous Botanical Garden is worth an outing. Our area offers endless stunning walks. Once the snow melts it is worth walking at the end of our valley in Sixt where you can admire wonderfull waterfalls.
- Spot of exercise
- Samoens is often one of the places which sees the Tour de France pass through. Apart from skiing in the winter and endless walking trails with stunning views, you can hire a mountain bike and take it up to the top via ski lifts. Try white water rafting, the Via Ferrata or climbing amongst trees or zoom over the lake on a zip wire. Samoens has a public swimming pool and a lake with a sandy beach to cool down when its hot. There is fishing in the river or fishing lake. Those who feel brave can have a go at paraponting tasters or courses.
- Day tripping
- Samoens is in easy distance to other resorts such as Chamonix (50 min drive) where you can try other ski slopes in the winter or enjoy a train journey right up to the glacier in the summer. It has also a great summer luge and other activities for children. You can also plan a trip to Italy via the Mont Blanc Tunnel which is just outside of Chamonix. As Geneva is only 1 hour drive from Samoens, it is well worth a visit. I would also recommend its lake where you can hire a boat or go for a swim and spend a day on its little beaches during the summer. A little further away is Lausanne with its historic centre and Olympic museum. At the end of the Geneva Lake (approx 60 min drive) is a huge Aquapark on the Swiss side which will keep the entire family happy all day. If you are in Samoens during the Montreux Jazz Festival, it is a fantastic and buzzing place and worth a visit. In the run up to Christmas, it also has a huge Christmas market (approx. 1-1.5 hors drive)
You may also like
Une maison chalet au centre des plus grande stations de ski de France. Idéal entre amis ou en familles pour des vacances inoubliable autour d'un feux de...
Our house has been renovated in 2014. A garden of 5000 m2 with an organic kitchen garden. It has a large 40m2 kitchen, a 60m2 living room, a large swimming...