Saint-Laurent-du-Verdon, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur | 5 Bed
Spectacular family holiday home
Sleeps 10 | Bedrooms 5 | Bathrooms 3
Member Since: April 2012
Experienced Home Swapper:
This member has already completed one or more home exchanges
This member has a high response rate to home swap requests received
This property is available for both swapping and rental
Send a message
Want to swap with properties like this?
Start your journey by listing your home for free.
With endless possibilities, where will you go?
If you have dates in mind you can add them here to help speed up the process. You can change these dates later if your circumstances change
Spectacular family holiday home
In the village of St Laurent du Verdon in Alpes de Haute Provence
Heated swimming pool, flood-lit all-weather tennis court & table tennis!
- Vacation Home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
Available to rent This property is available for both swapping and rental
About our home
St Laurent du Verdon is situated at the end of one of the lakes of the Gorges du Verdon, the Grand Canyon of Europe. Apart from the spectacular scenery, there is an abundance of water sports available, from wind surfing to kayaking and white water rafting. Have you tried surf-biking? The less sporty can explore the lakes and gorges in an electric boat or a pedallo, or simply drive to one of the beaches for a picnic. Fishing and horse riding for beginners and experts in and around the lakes is also available within walking distance of the villa.
For culture vultures, there are many churches to visit, some of which are perched spectacularly on hill tops. There is also the famous Prehistory Museum designed by Sir Norman Foster in the nearby village of Quinson, as well as regular art exhibitions in many of the local towns.
For eating out, there are restaurants nearby to suit all tastes and pockets offering everything from pizza to truffles. The markets are full of local produce. The area is famous for lamb, goats' cheese, olives, olive oil, lavender and honey to name but a few of the specialities. Local pottery is also a good buy, as are Provençal table cloths, napkins and place mats.
In July and August, each village has its own fete. The fete de St Laurent is the 'Aioli', which is held on the weekend nearest to 9 August. During the fete, the villagers congregate for lunch in the grounds of the neighbouring 17th century chateau, hold a 'Grand Ball' and various other entertainments, including shooting and a boule tournament on the village court. There are also many other fetes 'brocante' (bric-a-brac, pottery, lavender), all held locally throughout the summer. The Fete des Chiens (a junior Crufts), which is held in Tavernes, makes a a great day out.
If you like wine, you must visit some of the local vineyards, where you can sample before you buy. Some of the local wines have won prestigious awards in Paris.
We have compiled a comprehensive listing of restaurants and places to visit and left this in the villa.
For more information visit www.compasscottages.co.uk
We Also have homes in Thailand, Phuket, Kata Beach, luxury 3 bedroom apartment with stunning sea view (please visit www.luxuryapartmentsthailand.com) and UK, Rotherfield near Royal Tunbridge Wells, East Sussex, thatched cottages on 130 acre farm (please visit www.compasscottages.co.uk)
We do not need to do simultaneous swaps and all properties are available for rental
- Buzzy restaurants
- Good inexpensive restaurant in the viilage at the bottom of the garden. A comprehensive listing of our favourites is in the villa.
- Cool bars
- Every local town and village
- Cozy cafés
- Coffee culture everywhere
- Retail therapy
- Great local markets in aups & Riez, food, clothes, pottery, local crafts and much more
- Bit of culture
- Museum of Prehistory designed by Norman Foster in Quinson. Lots of chapels and art galleries everywhere.
- Walks in the park
- Lovely country walks by the lake or up in the mountains. Or just take a stroll with a glass of wine round the garden.
- Spot of exercise
- Swimming in your own pool. Tennis on your own court (rackets and balls in the villa) Table tennis on the front terrace. Boules and outdoor jenga also great fun for young and old.We have lakes very nearby so all watersports. Also horseriding and walking and trekking. Canyoning is also great fun but not for the faint hearted.dations
- Day tripping
- St. Tropez, 1 and a half hours, Monte Carlo 2hours, Moustiers ste Marie, 45 minutes.
3 things about us
- We have 2 Boys at university so they are now independant.
- Chris has his own marine Legal and Claims company C Solutions and Jacqui assists him with marketing. We travel extensively for work and pleasure
- We are based in Asia for part of the year and Europe. We have lovely homes in Phuket, Thailand, Provence in southern France, and East Sussex near Royal Tunbridge Wells in England
Our dream swap destinations
Our ideal times
- Any time