Killarney, Kerry | 5 Bed
Irish Georgian Home
Sleeps 10 | Bedrooms 5 | Bathrooms 6
Irish Georgian Home
Irish Countryside, within driving distance of the town.
Lakes,Mountains, Beaches,National Park, Golf Courses
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
About our home
Our home is situated in the countryside with spectacular mountain views. It is approx 6km from the town of Killarney - winner of Ireland's Tidiest Town 2011. www.killarney.ie
Our house was built in 2006 in Georgian Period style and has all the modern comforts (underfloor heating, central vacum sytem, sound system) of a new home with the feel of a period property.
It has 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, study,large kitchen, living room, playroom, drawing room and of course a full equipped laundry room.
Outside is a large garden with apple and pear trees and u may often wake to find deer and rabbits in the garden! The views of the mountains can be enjoyed from our patio.
It is located so the best of all worlds can be explored - nightlife in the town, walking the park or mountains, golfing, fishing, take a boat ride on one of the infamous three lakes, horse riding or just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside.
Located by the Lakes of Killarney next to all the Trails and National Park, our home is an ideal base for your trip to Ireland. Situated on the Ring of Kerry yet only 6 KM from the the town, Killarney offers traditional Irish hospitality at its best. Whether you would like to do day trips like the Ring of Kerry, Dingle, Gap of Dunloe or partake in a round of golf at Killarney Golf Course (2 minutes from our home) host to the 2010 and 2011 Irish Open Championship, fish in one of the many local rivers, take a boat trip on one of the infamous 3 lakes or enjoy traditional irish music in one of the many local pubs - the choices are abundant. We are also a short distance to a number of beaches.
There is a local train station with trains to Dublin,Cork,Limerick. Bus services to Galway
We have several bikes for use and a bike rack for the car should you want to explore the beautiful countryside by bike. A set of golf clubs are also available.
There is a beautiful bike trail from the house which goes along by the golf course and National Park that brings you into town.
Please refer to the below websites for further information on our town.
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Europe Bistro, The Lane, Aghadoe Heights, Bricin
- Cool bars
- The Lane, Laurels, Courtneys,Beaufort Bar
- Cozy cafés
- Miss Courtney's Tearooms
- Retail therapy
- Killarney or travel to Cork, Dublin or Galway.
- Bit of culture
- Tradtional Music in the local Pubs, Shows
- Walks in the park
- National Park 5 minutes from house
- Spot of exercise
- Mountain Climbing, Cycling, Golf
- Day tripping
- Gap Of Dunloe, Ring of Kerry, Gap of Dunloe
Swaps with Joan ’s home
3 things they loved about the swap:
- Loved the stunning countryside and the magnificent house
- Bowled over by the kindness of our hosts and their friends
- We met people with whom I hope we shall stay in contact
How much they saved: It was priceless
3 things about us
- We are a couple with 3 children, 14, 11, 9. Our children are well behaved and responsile and we would treat your home with care and respect. Our home is situated on the infamous Ring of Kerry route, just 6km from the town of Killarney. www.killarney.ie/ We are ideally located as we are wiithin walking distance tof the golf gourse (host to the Irish Open 2010 and 2011), 1/2 hour to the beach.
- Seamus is a business owner and Joan is a teacher.
- We love ot experience new cultures and food.
Our dream swap destinations
- United Kingdom
Our ideal times
- 11 April - 26 April
- 01 July - 23 August
- 29 December - 06 January