Pedaso, Marche | 3 Bed
Italian farmhouse with stunning sea views
Sleeps 8 | Bedrooms 3 | Bathrooms 3
Member Since: January 2012
Experienced Home Swapper:
This member has already completed one or more home exchanges
Send a message
Want to swap with properties like this?
Start your journey by listing your home for free.
With endless possibilities, where will you go?
If you have dates in mind you can add them here to help speed up the process. You can change these dates later if your circumstances change
Italian farmhouse with stunning sea views
Above the seaside village of Pedaso
La Dolce Vita....The good life, full of pleasure and indulgence.
- Vacation Home
- Equipped for kids
About our home
La Cupa is a traditional Marchigiana farmhouse commanding an imposing position above the Adriatic sea. The house sits on the edge of a small protected pine and woodland area above a pretty seaside village. Sea views one side and farmland the other. Our second home is fully renovated and modernised to a very high standard, it is built of honey coloured stone that reflects the Italian sun. This keeps the inside cool during the balmy summer months yet insulates the property during winter.
La Cupa (lacupa.com) offers spacious accomodation (235m2) over two floors. The house is set in over 2 hectares of land, much of which has been landscaped. It is very much a home from home with all the comforts you might need.
The house has three double bedrooms upstairs; two have double beds, one with an en-suite shower room and balcony overlooking the sea. The third bedroom is a large children's room with twin single beds and lots of toys. There is a separate large bathroom with bath and shower. All the rooms upstairs have mosquito blinds to pull down at night and ceiling fans for sleeping comfort on very hot nights. There is also a sofa bed in one of the sitting rooms downstairs. A cot (new) is also available.
Young children have stayed happily here but they would need to be supervised as the pool is not gated and there are two caves on the land which are not suitable for playing as they have not been structurally checked. The house sits in an area of outstanding natural beauty is ten minutes walk (downhill) to a pretty beach, less than an hour from the the stunning Sibillini Mountains, 35 minutes to the beautiful town of Ascoli Piceno yet only 45 minutes from the airports of Ancona or Pescara.
It is possible to reach Rome or Bologna in two and half hours but there are many beautiful and undiscovered towns and villages nearby.
Local beaches have things to do for the children and our local beach, part stone/part sand is very family orientated. It is possible to hire bikes in a nearby village and cycle miles along the beach cycle route.
There are many wonderful festivals throughout the year, celebrating the local food of the village/town. Our local village is famous in Italy for mussels so every year they organise a huge 3 day mussel festival which is attended by thousands.
Le Marche is a beautiful area....rural and made of up a rich tapestry of farmland. You could quite easily go for a week and only hear Italian voices...that was the appeal for us buying in this location.
- Buzzy restaurants
- Too many to mention. There is a book filled in by us + friends/family in the house on best places to eat. Our favorites are Osteria Dell Arancio (sister restaurant in King's Road, London) and Attico sul Mare both in Grottamare, Osteria Del Teatro, Porto San Giorgio and lots of seafood in our local village.
- Cool bars
- Italy is much more about eating and drinking but Attico sul Mare has a lovely bar with the restaurant.
- Cozy cafés
- 'Vanilla' in Pedaso and one of the many on the beach.
- Retail therapy
- Le Marche is the home of Italian leather manufacturers and cutting edge shoe and handbags so within 20 minutes of our house there are outlets for TODS, Prada and all the shoes you can dream of (sorry boys!). When you have had enough of shoes I highly recommend a wine tasting session near Ripatransone.
- Bit of culture
- Everywhere you visit from small hill top villages to local towns. Ascoli Piceno (30 mins from our home) has to be one of the best kept secrets of Italy. Visit Caffe Meletti.
- Walks in the park
- The best walking is along the beaches and promenades of the seaside towns or on the old farm tracks between the mountain villages. Don't forget the Sibillini mountains only 40 mins inland.
- Spot of exercise
- As we live by the sea it has to be swimming but we often walk down the hill for breakfast...then a walk back up the hill before jumping in the pool. Also Tennis in Pesaso and cycling along the beach front route.
- Day tripping
- Its hard to leave our tranquil hill once you arrive but you can reach Rome, Florence, Bologna, Siena in 2.5 hours. However other gems are closer such as Gubbio, Urbino, Assisi in 1.5 hours
Swaps with Jane’s home
3 things they loved about the swap:
- The house just felt right
- Fresh sea air, slept with all windows wide open
- Great places to visit not far away
How much they saved: Not really calculable, but were able to share with 2 good friends. What did we spend our savings on? Visiting clothing outlets in the area, fine dining too
3 things about us
- We live in Tunbridge Wells, UK and run our own business, a management consultancy based in London.
- We have a 16 year old daughter and two golden retrievers.
- We have completed one home swap which was a fantastic success
Our dream swap destinations
Our ideal times
- 23rd March - 8th April