About our home
A gorgeous double storey Victorian villa in Remuera, which is one of the most sought after areas of Auckland. This is a substantial house, set in half an acre of lawn and gardens, with a large solar heated pool. The house is nestled on a hillside overlooking Orakei Basin (an ancient volcano crater, now a recreational lake), with expansive water views over the Basin and beyond to the Waitamata Harbour.
All the rooms are bright and spacious, and enjoy all day sun. Four generous bedrooms, formal dining, 3 living rooms, study, spacious kitchen and family dining, opening to the garden, outdoor dining and swimming pool. Huge games room with pool table, table tennis, and X box. Three bathrooms and a powder room – with two of the bathrooms, including the en suite, recently renovated to the very highest standards. The house is well furnished throughout, with a mix of antique, mid-century and modern furniture, and in excellent condition. Other facilities include internet access, TV, DVD player and stereo, and lots of books. Everything you could expect in a generous and well cared for family home.
The house is located on a quiet private lane. A few minutes’ walk in one direction takes you to the Orakei Basin, and the walkway that encircles it (a 2.8 km walk or run that we do most days). A few minutes in the other direction takes you to a small cluster of local shops and cafes, for good coffee and bread and milk, and the local playground with Skate Park, flying fox and swings. The local shops, with great fish and fruit, are 5 minutes’ drive away. The heart of the city is only a 12 -15 minute drive – with the wonderful dining and harbour city experience that Auckland now offers. A 5-10 minute drive in the other direction from the property takes you to sandy beaches for family swimming.
Within an hour’s drive north or west of the property are vineyards, wild west coast beaches, sheltered east coast beaches, marine reserves, and forests with walking or bicycle tracks. Auckland is also a great place to base yourself if you intend to explore everything that New Zealand has to offer.
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- Depot, Cafe Hanoi, Soul Bar, District Dining, Mapel Room and lots more!
- Cool bars
- Whiskey Club, Brittomart Country Club
- Cozy cafés
- Imperial Lane, BRD, Domain Ayre, Shore Road cafe and many more
- Retail therapy
- local French market (every Saturday and Sunday); Brittomart precinct, High Street, Newmarket, Remuera (local shops)
- Bit of culture
- Art Gallery, visiting events (there are many), museum, maritime museum
- Walks in the park
- Orakei walkway, cornwall park, domain, many regional parks and the wild west coast
- Spot of exercise
- Orakei basin walkway, Tamaki Drive, local gyms, woodhill forest for mountain biking, kayaking from Tamaki Drive, golf
- Day tripping
- Matakana (wine, farmers market and beaches), west coast beaches (walking surfing), Waiheke island, sailing on the Gulf,
“Beautiful home in a magic location.”
3 things they loved about the trip
- Beautiful home in a magic location.
- Beautiful and comfortable home with magnificent views
- Very well located with easy access into Auckland and surrounding areas
“The restaurants in Auckland are fantastic and we particularly enjoyed Waiheke Island and the Mudbrick Restaurant.”
“Not only the views but the garden and the house are stunning...giving a great sample taste of Auckland and New Zealand”
3 things they loved about the trip
- The house, the flowers the calm and the birds'songs in the trees
- The swap was very easy to achieve and it was a memorable holiday experience
- Everything is on hand in Remuera including the shops, the city and the sun!
“Travelling around, listening to the silence, cooking with the BBQ and discovering the natural parks around Auckland, a real treat!”
4 7 3
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Member since:
This member has completed one or more trips
3 things about us
- We are a couple with 2 boys, aged 13 and 11. I am a lawyer, and my husband owns a business.
- We are an active family (running, swimming, skiing, hiking and biking). We also enjoy both cosmopoitan cities, escaping to the beach or countryside, and active holidays (skiing, biking etc).
- We love our house, and would take care of your home as though it was our own.
- Our dream destinations
- Our ideal times
- 29 September - 13 October
- 22 December - 01 February
- 14 April - 30 April