About our home
Our beautiful 1918 villa, fully restored in 2010, provides modern, luxury living combined with colonial charm. This stunning, 568 sqm, 3 level home comes with a heated pool and spa and is positioned on expansive grounds. It is nestled against heritage parklands of Chelsea Bay, with secluded waterfront access to Auckland Harbour. Within walking distance of the cafes and shops of Birkenhead Point and only a 15 minute ferry or car journey into cosmopolitan Auckland City, this home is perfect for the family getting a taste of New Zealand life.
Available for swap or rent. If renting our standard rates are:
High Season: 1 November to 30 April: GBP £600 per night for 2 people staying a minimum of 3 nights. GBP £90 extra per person per night to a maximum of 8 adults or 11 adults & children. Includes cleaner (once a week), towels and bed linen (changed once a week). Refundable bond / deposit: GBP £3000.
Low Season: 1 May to 31 October: GBP £480 per night for 2 people staying a minimum of 3 nights. GBP £70 extra per person per night to a maximum of 8 adults or 11 adults & children. Includes cleaner (once a week), towels and bed linen (changed once a week).
Refundable bond / deposit: GBP £3000.
- Vacation Home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- Air conditioning
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- Eight point two, 82 Hinemoa St: A converted villa, now a fine food restaurant. The Engine Room, 115 Queen St: Fantastic fresh Kiwi food and now a cook book too. Sausalito, 124 Queen St next to cinema. Delicious pizza's and salads.
- Cool bars
- Sugar Works, 17 Birkenhead Ave. Bar and tapas with live music. The Point Wine Bar, 141 Queen St. Fantastic Tapas style tasters and an amazing wine list.
- Cozy cafés
- The organic cafe, 138 Hinemoa St. Kid friendly, delicious fresh juices and great for breakfasts - say hi to Melanie. Standing Room Expresso, 201 Hinemoa St. Warm welcome, great coffee & amazing wraps. Coffee General, 100 Hinemoa St. For the serious coffee lover.
- Retail therapy
- Next door gallery, 132 Hinemoa St. Kiwi cool design, art and gifts.
- Bit of culture
- Boutique cinema, The Bridgeway, 122 Queen St.
- Walks in the park
- Chelsea Park Nature reserve next to our house.
- Spot of exercise
- Workshop gym, 84-B Hinemoa St. Small & friendly gym, ok to drop in - see John or Natasha.
- Day tripping
- Waiheke island for some of the best vineyards and restaurants in New Zealand - only 30 minutes from Birkenhead Wharf Ferry. Matakana Market. Saturday morning market & only a 45 minute drive from Auckland for delicious fresh local produce, jazz bands playing by the river and delicious fresh mainly organic snacks. Walks along the numerous beaches, surfing, sailing...
7 11 5
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Calendar last updated:
- Member since:
3 things about us
- We're a couple with 3 children
- Tania is a designer and Adrian is an architect
- We have a passion for architecture, good design and the outdoors
- Our dream destinations
- Our ideal times
- Any time