About our home
Westhaven was built in 1925 and retains its character features whilst offering the best in modern living.
The ground floor features two sitting rooms. One is formal and can be closed off from the rest of the house by doors that slide out from wall recesses.
Facing the magnificent blue-tiled fireplace is a bay window, one of two on the first level. The other bay window is in the master bedroom, which also features a massive wardrobe and en suite with a bath and shower.
Next to the sitting room is the dining room, which leads to a sun room - perfect for relaxing in. Each window provides views of the upper harbour.
The kitchen is at the end of a long room that almost runs the length of the house. It is separated from the rest of the space by a large island work bench and a large, six-burner Ilve stove sits against the wall.
This area of the house flows to a paved patio that surrounds a 2m-deep, boat-shaped pool. It’s warm and sheltered, and has an outside dining room with a fireplace. There’s also an outside shower, shielded from the neighbours by hedges and trees.
Up the sweeping staircase are four bedrooms and another bathroom.
The stairway is wide enough to make a dramatic entrance, and has a beautiful chandelier hanging over it.
The rooms upstairs are well-proportioned, and the north-west corner bedroom has a lovely paved deck off it with blue-chip views to the north west.
Completing the full entertainment package is a home cinema in the bottom of the house.
We are in Herne Bay which is on the main bus routes and right beside the central city.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
- Air conditioning
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- Andiamo right at the top of the road
- Cool bars
- Five minute taxi to all the bars at Britomart
- Cozy cafés
- Zus and Zoe plus Loaves and Fishes all at the top of the street
- Retail therapy
- Katherine Wilson Shoes
- Walks in the park
- Cross the road and you're at the beach
- Spot of exercise
- Walk into town around the marina
- Day tripping
- Catch the ferry to Waiheke
5 8 2
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Member since:
This member has a rapid response rate to trip requests from other members
3 things about us
- We a family with three kids - 11, 8 and 6
- Andrea works in Marketing and Marcus is an investment director (and cricket coach for the Grafton Guptils)
- We would love to swap over Christmas or during January or February for a family ski holiday in North America.
- Our dream destinations
- United States
- Our ideal times
- 12 December - 28 February