Our friendly home has delighted and entertained many people, young and old. It is comfortable, warm and fun to live in. Walk to the end of our path and be...
Kiwi Beachside home
Kiwi Beachside home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 baths
About our home
Modern Family Home.Borders a beautiful little reserve and a stunning 18 hole golf course where the sun sets over both every evening.
200 metre stroll to the beach.You cant see it but can hear the waves at night as you go to sleep.
Close to ALL amenities for a super holiday.
Shopping mall,Medical Centres,Cafes( so much nice food, wine and coffee available herhuge range) and a huge range of great restaurants ALL within minutes drive.IF you dont want to drive the taxis are great here, friendly and easy to call.
One of NZs most beautiful beaches and harbours ( you get both 100 metres apart !!!) And from Sept to early may its cruise ship season - so its so fun to watch the cruise ships , even the biggest one in the world , grace our shores and sail into our tiny thriving harbour.
We also have abundant wildlife and sea life- you are bound to see wild orca, dolphins, seals, so many birds, - we have some of our friends from overseas say how blown away they are at the diversity.I still get blown away and i was born here
.Great for surfing,hiking,hang-gliding,kite boarding, biking,relaxing in Natural Salt Water hot pools at the base of our mountain Mauao -(an amazing extinct volcano )to climb or just sit and relaxing.My hubby and I have travelled the world for 35years and can easily say this is one of the most beautiful places in the world we have been.Really great for kids, parents, retirees,- whether you are 5 or 85 there is absolutely everyone can find so many ways to fit in here.I can honestly say there is something for everyone.So much to explore.
We have lovely neighbours and a great little beach community.
In fact we always ask ourselves...Why are we going on holiday?
But we just love travellling and seeing all nationalities and countries, and showing our kids new adventures , and having them as a family .
Our house is comfortable, modern,easy to look after, has a great new modern kitchen to cook in, fabulous 5 plate gas hob, expresso machine,lounge or garden to have your morning coffee or tea,lounge to chill , have a wine and watch the sunset - A nice neighbourhood, - you can just chill and relax in our home , as you would like us to do in your home:-)
We Have 2 x big screen TVs,( one upstairs and one downstairs for the kids or another couple - in the rumpus/games room, a Wii game, X BOX360,good internet , masses of DVDS, surfboards, bikes, skateboards, scooters, boogie boards, all for you to have fun with.You may not want to leave!! ha ha:-)
We have a weekly cleaner available for a small cost - is very trustworthy.Just a phone call away.
We would negotiate the use of our car.
Only thing we say we cant have here is smoking, so strictly non smoking policy in our home.
Also , to mention the airport is super handy, and has tons of flights from all over NZ if you prefer to fly.
And the last flight is around 7pm so you never get bothered!
All in all, if you want some time to chill out, have fun, and use our house as a base to see some of the coolest parts of NZ our house is for you .
- Main home
- Equipped for kids
- No pets
More about us
- Family of 4! 2 cool kids !aged 14 and 10 yrs
- Maree is a full time Mum, who works from home and James is an Airline Pilot
- We love travelling,sun,beach,snow,discovering new places,people,good food, coffee, wine and adventures!
Where is it?
- Buzzy restaurants
- SO many good ones its crazy- i can tell you when we organise a swap.
- Cool bars
- LOTS!Funky,chill,cruisy, surf vibe or upmarket.ALL!
- Cozy cafés
- MORE than you can visit!Will give you names when you swap.
- Retail therapy
- Very good!Cute little boutique shops, very cool surf town.Some cool young designers.Art deco funk.In general a bit of everything.
- Bit of culture
- Walks in the park
- LOTS of parks, beaches , trails and tracks.Mauao Mountain,Papamoa Hills,Kaimai Ranges
- Spot of exercise
- EVERY exercise you can think of - Surfing, Diving,Boating,Fishing,Hiking, SUP boarding,Beach Volleyball, Basketball courts, Tennis courts,Huge Swimming Centre 5 mins away,Natural Hot Salt Water Pools at base of the Mountain
- Day tripping
- Exploring the rock pools, Natural salt water hot pools,Rotorua,Geysers,Mud pools, Rainbow Springs,Amazing hikes in hills, up the Mountain,gloworm caves, waterfalls, , Fishing, Dolphin watching..,Animal farms,Harbour cruise,Matakana Island, White Island Volcano.
You may also like
The house is a stylish and comfortable home with spectacular lake views We are adjacent to Lake Rotoiti and the Kaituna River, both famed for trout fishing...
Our house is set on the hills above Matata looking out over the Ocean and Whale island and White Island. On a clear day you can see the whole of the Bay of...