About our home
My apartment is located on the very center of Barcelona (some say it’s the equivalent of living in New York’s fifth avenue) and its minutes away from everything; Las ramblas is 2 blocks away, the beach hardly a 15 minutes’ walk, El Born less than a 10 minutes’ walk and many Gaudi building on Paseo de Gracia are literally on the same street. It’s also 5 minutes away from Plaza Catalunya station from where you can not only take several subway lines but also trains that will take you to nearby cities and towns.
Mine is a corner unit on the fourth floor in front of a plaza facing south, so it gets plenty of natural light through 5 balconies.
The apartment was fully renovated a few years ago when I moved in; double glass windows, wooden floors, stainless steel kitchen, AC, heating, washer and nice minimalist furniture. Being an architect myself every detail was considered!
During the renovation we found a wonderful ceiling that was built using an old catalan building technique and had been hidden for decades. We exposed it and restored it with care, giving the apartment a unique atmosphere thanks to the contrast between the old celling and modern appliances.
Both streets the apartment looks over are car restricted, so you won’t get any traffic noise, plus the very best windows you can find in the market will ensure a super quite space in the heart of the city. You can also chose to close the shutters and you’ll get an almost fully dark room no matter what time of the day. The building has a day-time doorman and a roof deck that can be used for tanning.
- Main home
- Air conditioning
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- En Ville restaurant will surprise you both by their great food and amazing space
- Bit of culture
- MACBA and Picasso museums are great visits both minutes away
- Walks in the park
- Scape to Park de la Ciutadella for a walk and enjoy the mediterranean weather!
“We loved Guillermo's apartment - it was like living in a magazine spread! Beautiful styling and big squashy sofas to come home to after exploring Barcelona. The location is superb and we felt right in the heart of the city. Guillermo couldn't have been more helpful too. Peter and Lindsay.”
“Fabulous apartment in perfect location. Guillermo was extremely helpful. We hope to return soon.”
1 3 1
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Calendar last updated:
- Member since:
This member has completed one or more trips
This member has a rapid response rate to trip requests from other members
This member has verified their identity using one of our approved methods
3 things about us
- I'm a 27 year old architect turned entrepreneur. I've recently sold one of my ventures and will be spending some time traveling. My girlfriend is a graphic designer and has agreed to join the adventure :)
- We’ve lived in Barcelona, New York and London and are well traveled people. We love and enjoy good architecture and well-designed stuff, food is also nice!
- Our jobs are generally very flexible and we are curious people, so please feel free to propose any swaps, even if your city is not on our favorites list ;)
- Our dream destinations
- Our ideal times
- 10 September - 31 December