Brighton, East Sussex | 1 Bed
1 bedroom apartment
Sleeps 3 | Bedrooms 1 | Bathrooms 2
"our 19th floor apartment overlooks the beach, city and nearby hills of South Downs National Park. The Block has its own website with more images and history of this famous building. see http://sussexheights.co.uk/"
"view from our balcony and bedrooms - east Brighton lights up and fades into the sunset with the beach and sea on the left in this dramatic photo taken with a wide angle lens.."
"same view from our balcony on a summers day."
"spacious lounge.apartment has wi-fi access throughout. apartment is heated via an underfloor heating system giving a nice even heat throughout. cosy to walk on barefoot too!"
"our lounge. we have underfloor heating throughout."
"super king-size poster bed for extra luxury. the bed faces out the large bedroom window with a view of the city 200 feet below."
"super king-size poster bed for extra luxury. "
"tiled bathroom.there is another ,smaller bathroom."
"our small toilet"
"clean stylish kitchen with all mod cons "
"modern, clean kitchen equipment including espresso coffee machine"
"our kitchen with its amazing views"
"this is the only kitchen where you will need sunglasses doing the washing-up - the sun sets behind the city in the right of the frame."
"view from the kitchen sink. bring sunglasses."
"our balcony looking out onto Brighton 90 meters below"
"enjoy the sun set behind the hills from the glass-enclosed balcony.large windows open to give it that outdoor feel. our lounge is to the left of his image and can be separated from the balcony by two large glass sliding doors."
"view from our balcony sofa."
"view from the sofa in our balcony.we are on the east side of the block so we get the sunset each evening over the Downs. see http://sussexheights.co.uk/ for more images."
"view from our balcony.the old west pier is in the middle of he photo.A French Protestent church and Brighton's smallest pub - the Queensbury Arms - are dwarfed by our block at the bottom of the image."
"close-up view of church and Brighton's smallest pub - the Queensbury Arms - view from our balconey.Brighton is full of quirky, narrow streets with unique shops, pubs and cafes.Its a wonderful city to explore on foot as its compact.set between the Sussex Downs and the English Channel, its unlike anywhere else in the UK.The Block even has its own website - see more photos at http://sussexheights.co.uk/"
"view from our balcony.the old west pier is in the middle of the picture."
"the west pier - now a shell of its former self after two fires destroyed it. view from our balcony."
"close up of the burned west pier.there is another working pier on the other side of Brighton see http://sussexheights.co.uk/ for more images"
"view from our lounge into the balcony"
"view from our lounge into the balcony"
"sussex heights. check us out on wikipedia and google images for more fantastic photographs of this building"
Member Since: May 2012
Send a message
Want to swap with properties like this?
Start your journey by listing your home for free.
With endless possibilities, where will you go?
If you have dates in mind you can add them here to help speed up the process. You can change these dates later if your circumstances change
1 bedroom apartment
19 floors up with stunning views of the ocean, Brighton city
- Main home
- No pets
About our home
Purpose built in 1969, Sussex Heights is a 24-story pristine tower in the centre of Brighton, UK's best and brightest city.
A 19th floor balcony with floor to ceiling glass walls has stunning views of Brighton and its surrounding countryside, the famous Susex Downs National Park.
Our apartment has one double bedroom with a king-size four poster bed looking out over the city.
It is a spacious, bright place complete with underfloor heating and wi-fi.
We have a modern, clean kitchen that leads into the beautiful balcony.
Our apartment is set in a magnificent tower block complete with concierge and daily cleaning.
Sussex Heights is the tallest building south of London at over 100 metres tall.
Meters from Brighton beach and city centre with its world class resturants, architecture and shops, this is an apartment, and a city, to die for!
Brighton has a direct train link to London and will get you to Victoria station (south London's main transport hub) in 50 minutes.Gatwick airport is only 30 minutes from Brighton by train.
historical sites like Hastings and Arundel castle are all easy reach by train also.
Nearby Newhaven harbour will get you to Dieppe in France in just 4 hours.
see http://sussexheights.co.uk/ for more images and history on this famous building.
Also, check out Sussex Heights on Wikipedia and in Google Images for more on this noted buiuilding
- Buzzy restaurants
- world-famous vegetarian restuarnt (and our personal favorite) Terre A Terre, Jamie Oliver also has a restaurant here.There are about 100 other restaurants in this busy city with cuisine from all over the world
- Cool bars
- too many to mention, but try the Windmill, the Florist and the white Rabbit in the south lanes.Koba is apopular cocktail bar- very swish
- Cozy cafés
- Tic-Toc in the north lanes, Taylor Street Barristas', plus 100 others
- Retail therapy
- Brightons famous 'lanes' district has the UKs most diverse range of independent shops.check out Allsaints on East St.
- Bit of culture
- the Brighton Dome hosts world-league events of every kind., great gig venues like Concorde 2, Komedia,the Brighton Centre
- Walks in the park
- Ladys Well Gardens or walk along the hills of the Seven Sisterss our favourite park.
- Spot of exercise
- jog along the wonderful seafront, mountain bike in the South Downs, kayak on the sea, scuba diving club, paragliding,zorbing -brighton has it all and more.
- Day tripping
- 50 minutes to London on the train, 30 mins to Gatwick, visit the Battle of 1066 site at Hastings, visit one of the many Middle Ages castles in Sussex, get the ferry to France from nearby Newhaven harbor, the huge New Forest is 90 minutes east.see http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ for train times, prices etc.
3 things about us
- we're a married couple, no kids yet
- mark works as a nurse and penelope is a researcher
- we love to travel and experience new things
Our dream swap destinations
- United States
Our ideal times
- 1st June - 5th June
- 15th August - 15th September
- 1st September - 30th September