About our home
Our home was originally two Regency cottages, built to house the footmen who worked at Brighton Pavilion. We have completely renovated and joined the two together to create one spacious cottage with front and back terraces.
Situated in the very centre of Brighton, yet in a quiet and tranquil location. This is a unique property, a real find right in the heart of the city, a few minutes walk to the fun of Brighton's North Laine, ideal for vintage shopping. There are hundreds of cafes, bars, even a streetfood market on Fridays all moments from your doorstep! The Theatre Royal, Dukes Komedia and cinemas are also a few minutes away.
There is a large open plan living, dining room with adjoining kitchen, all newly renovated 6 months ago. 1 double sofa bed and 2 large comfy sofas, real flame fire and large 47inch TV.
Dining table seats 8 comfortably with glass sliding doors overlooking decked terrace and planted borders.
The kitchen has double American fridge freezer with ice maker / water filter. 5 ring halogen hob, oven, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher and tumble drier.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms and a further open plan dressing room. There are 2 larger bedrooms with vaulted ceilings, one with kingsize bed, the further is a teenage room complete with drum kit, Playstation 2 and TV. There is a smaller bedroom with a double bed. Views overlooking St Nicholas Church. The open plan dressing room has a shorter single bed suitable for a child.
There are 2 two petite bathrooms both with bath, overhead shower, loo and basin.
The beach is around ten minutes away on foot. Brighton station 8 mins on foot for direct connection to London in under 1 hour.
There are 2 pretty outside garden spaces. The entrance to the cottage leads from a twitten gate, through to the private garden which has large palm trees and tropical plants. Table and chairs , comfortable loungers, ideal for enjoying the sunshine. To the rear of the property there is a further decked terrace, with sleeper raised beds and planters complete with bistro table and chairs.
We have a cat called El Sir, a huge fluffy Persian who likes lots of stroking.
Looking to swap in the school holidays anytime. We will also consider long weekend swaps outside of the school holidays. We are non-smokers.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- La Choza, mexican streetfood, 5 mins away!
- Cool bars
- Cocktails at The Grand Hotel for a spot of decadence, or
- Cozy cafés
- Coco, serving french macaroons and specialist teas on Queens road
- Retail therapy
- Vintage shops on Trafalgar street and Sydney street, 5 mins away
- Bit of culture
- Dukes at Komedia, independent cinema and comedy venue, 5 mins away
- Walks in the park
- St Nicholas green spaces, on your doorstep
- Spot of exercise
- Run on the beach... only down the road!
- Day tripping
- Devils Dyke by bus or Seddlescombe farm, for rural Sussex countryside
4 6 2
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Calendar last updated:
- Member since:
3 things about us
- We are a couple with 3 kids between us. 14, 11 and 7 years of age.
- Julia is an interior designer & owner of holiday letting agency, Crown Gardens. Charlie is the Director of a construction company with an arts background.
- Interested in weekend swaps as well as longer holidays.
- Our dream destinations
- Our ideal times
- Any time