About our home
Our home was originally two Regency cottages, built to house the footmen who worked at Brighton Pavilion. We have completely renovated and joined the two together to create one spacious cottage with front and back gardens.
Situated in the very centre of Brighton, yet in a quiet and tranquil location. This is a unique property, a real find right in the heart of the city, a few minutes walk to the fun of Brighton's North Laine, ideal for vintage shopping. There are hundreds of cafes, bars, even a streetfood market on Fridays all moments from your doorstep! The Theatre Royal, Dukes Komedia and cinemas are also a few minutes away. Churchill square shopping centre with all the big highstreet stores is less than 5 minutes on foot!
There is a large open plan living, dining room with adjoining kitchen, all newly renovated 6 months ago. 1 double sofa bed and 3 large comfy sofas, real flame fire and large 47inch TV with internet and Netflix.
Dining table seats 8 comfortably with glass sliding doors overlooking decked terrace and planted borders.
The kitchen has double American fridge freezer with ice maker / water filter. 5 ring halogen hob, oven, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher and tumble drier.
Upstairs there are 3 double bedrooms and a further open plan dressing room. The 2 larger bedrooms have vaulted ceilings, one with kingsize bed, the further is a teenage room with large kingsize bed, complete with Playstation 2 and TV. There is a smaller bedroom with a double bed with views overlooking St Nicholas Church. The pretty open plan dressing room has a shorter single bed suitable for a child.
There are 2 two petite bathrooms, fully tiled, both with bath, overhead shower, loo and basin.
The beach is around ten minutes away on foot. Brighton station 8 mins on foot for direct connection to London in under 1 hour.
We have a cat called El Sir, a huge fluffy Persian who likes lots of stroking. We also have 2 terriers who can go to a dog sitter if required.
We are non-smokers.
- Main home
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- La Choza, mexican streetfood, 5 mins away!
- Cool bars
- Cocktails at The Grand Hotel for a spot of decadence, or
- Cozy cafés
- Coco, serving french macaroons and specialist teas on Queens road
- Retail therapy
- Vintage shops on Trafalgar street and Sydney street, 5 mins away
- Bit of culture
- Dukes at Komedia, independent cinema and comedy venue, 5 mins away
- Walks in the park
- St Nicholas green spaces, on your doorstep
- Spot of exercise
- Run on the beach... only down the road!
- Day tripping
- Devils Dyke by bus or Seddlescombe farm, for rural Sussex countryside
4 8 2
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Calendar last updated:
- Member since:
3 things about us
- We are a couple with 3 kids between us. 15, 12 and 7 years of age.
- Julia is a property developer. Charlie is the Director of a construction company.
- Interested in weekend swaps as well as longer holidays.
- Our dream destinations