About our home
This is a truly exceptional opportunity to enjoy the grandeur and opulence of 1800s period living in a restored and contemporary wing of one of the most awe-inspiring properties in Ireland. With access not only to the 11 acres of landscaped gardens and parkland that accompany the scheme, as well as a superb walled garden and woodland with its own fairy tree, the Castle’s residents can also explore almost 600 acres of Gosford Forest Park that lie on their doorstep. Close to the village of Markethill with supermarket, shops and bakery. Close to major routes to both Dublin and Belfast and easy access to Armagh and Newry with plenty of restaurants and shops. The home covers four floors and has a elevator for those that do not wish to use the circular turret stairs between floors! It provides all the comforts of a contemporary home and is warm and cosy for winter months in Ireland, despite its size. Definitely a home for those who enjoy friends and family, walking and eating. Time to relax and take in the wonders of Ireland. For those of you who watch TV, Gosford is also one of the locations used for filming "Game of Thrones".
- Vacation Home
- Cable TV
- No pets
In the Know
- Buzzy restaurants
- The Moody Boar in nearby Armagh is a great place to enjoy the historical surroundings and a wonderful meal.
- Bit of culture
- The Theatre Armagh has wonderful world class productions and exhibitions throughout the year
- Walks in the park
- On your doorstep, 620 acres of wooded parkland and if that is not enough the Mourne Mountains are just a 20 minute drive away.
- Day tripping
- The Giants Causeway on the Antrim Coast. Explore Dublin 55 minutes by car or train, Belfast and all it has to offer 45 minutes drive.
“Gosford Castle is an amazing slice of Ireland's history. Sheelagh & Faisal's garden wing apartment in Gosford is grand in it's self, set over 4 floors. Sheelagh's attention to detail has created an opulent 5 star self catering apartment, but warm & comfortable home. Centrally located between Dublin & Belfast which allowed us the vantage point to explore most of Northern Ireland. In short we feel very privileged to have stayed at Gosford but most of all to have made new friends. Sheelagh's caring & attentive nature ensured our stay is one that dreams are made of & beautiful Irish memories will linger on! Arthur & Christine Jackson”
3 6 4
Want to holiday in properties like this? Start your journey by listing your home for free
- Last login:
- Member since:
This member has completed one or more trips
3 things about us
- We are a married couple living in the Middle East, with adult children in USA. Frequent travellers and love to meet new people and explore new places.
- Only interested in Connecticut area in USA as this is close to our adult kids.
- We love relaxed, low key places in general. Although a quick trip to a city or central location now and then is ok.
- Our dream destinations
- United States