Turnberry, Scotland | 4 Bed
Large Seaside Family Home
Sleeps 8 | Bedrooms 4 | Bathrooms 3
Member Since: August 2011
Send a message
Want to swap with properties like this?
Start your journey by listing your home for free.
With endless possibilities, where will you go?
If you have dates in mind you can add them here to help speed up the process. You can change these dates later if your circumstances change
Large Seaside Family Home
Open Championship Golf, Beautiful Beaches & Historic Castles
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
About our home
Our home is situated in a private and secluded cul de sac in the beautiful coastal village of Turnberry, home to the Ailsa Course the venue for the British Open Golf Championship 2009. The house is light filled and airy and great for families looking for plenty of living space and safe outdoor havens.
All 4 bedrooms are of generous proportions and 2 of the bedrooms lead out on to the balcony with far reaching sea views to "Ailsa Craig" landmark and the Hotel & golf courses. A great place to watch the sun go down.
The house is well equipped with all mod cons and the newly fitted kitchen has range cooker, american fridge freezer and family dishwasher. A car would be available if required. Kids indoor and outdoor toys also available if required.
The world famous Turnberry Hotel and Spa is a "7 iron" away and the lane to the beach a 1 minute walk.
Fabulous eateries to sample include the locally renowned "Souter Johnnies" Inn and "Wildings" seafood restaurant.
The historic Culzean Castle with the famous Eisenhower Apartment is a few miles along the road with the Rabbie Burns Cottage & museum nearby in the bustling local market town of Ayr a 15 minute drive away.
Come and enjoy this hidden gem on the West Coast of Scotland
- Buzzy restaurants
- Wildings Seafood Restaurant, Souter Johnnies Inn
- Cool bars
- Turnberry Hotel Sports Bar
- Cozy cafés
- Peggies Tearoom, Dowhill Country Fayre
- Retail therapy
- Ayr, bustling market town
- Bit of culture
- Culzean Castle, Burn's Cottage & Museum, local art galleries
- Walks in the park
- Culzean Country Park, West Coast Beach trails
- Spot of exercise
- A round of Golf on the Ailsa, a run on the beach
- Day tripping
- Glasgow, Edinburgh, Loch Lomond, Ireland, Arran
3 things about us
- A sociable couple late 30s with 2 boys age 7 & 5
- David is a PE Teacher & amateur golfer, Hazel works in IT and looks after the boys
- We love spending time with family & friends & playing sport (golf,skiing,tennis,football, swimming)
Our dream swap destinations
- United States
Our ideal times
- 23rd December - 31st January
- 30th June - 20th August
- Any time