Santa Fe, New Mexico | 2 Bed
Modern, adobe-style, private, 2-bedroom house
Sleeps 4 | Bedrooms 2 | Bathrooms 2
"Part of the exterior"
"The living room, looking into the kitchen and dining area"
"Kitchen and dining area"
"Master bath with jacuzzi tub"
"Living room and entrance"
"Portal (private backyard patio) with kiva fireplace"
"Portal, overlooking backyard"
Member Since: April 2012
Send a message
Want to swap with properties like this?
Start your journey by listing your home for free.
With endless possibilities, where will you go?
If you have dates in mind you can add them here to help speed up the process. You can change these dates later if your circumstances change
Modern, adobe-style, private, 2-bedroom house
Mountain setting in Santa Fe, 1.5 miles from town
Close to galleries, museums, restaurants, shops, and mountains
- Main home
- Cable TV
- No pets
About our home
We live in a lovely, single-story, modern Santa Fe pueblo-style, 2,100-square foot home. The setting is completely private at the end of a short dirt road, set in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo mountains. Santa Fe's Plaza, restaurants, museums, galleries and other attractions are within walking distance (1.5 miles away), yet it feels like we are far from everything. Extraordinary hiking trails are just 5-20 minutes away; fantastic skiing is nearby (13 miles) at the Santa Fe ski basin. Our private backyard patio overlooks five acres of juniper and pinon trees and has one of the home's three kiva-style fireplaces (others are in the living room and master bedroom). We have a king bed in the master and a queen bed in the guest room. The third bedroom is our home office, so will not be available. There is a jacuzzi bathtub in the master bath.
The house has a light, open floor plan and a gourmet kitchen with a Wolf stove.
We have a sweet indoor cat, so this would not be a good swap for someone with a cat allergy. We would ideally love to swap with a family or individual who appreciate (and can feed) him and would be happy to reciprocate with your pets.
Santa Fe has consistently made Travel + Leisure (T+L) magazine's "World's Best Awards" list of top 10 favorite United States and Canadian travel destinations. The cultural offerings, art galleries and restaurants are world-class, and it is also an outdoor paradise, with some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world. We are lucky enough to live very close to all of the attractions - within five minutes we can be enjoying the extraordinary galleries on Canyon Road, visiting the Georgia O'Keeffe and other museums, dining at a wide variety of restaurants, shopping at great boutiques, or hiking on trails with panoramic views and pristine mountain streams.
Here's what T+L says: "The heady aroma of burning piñon logs permeates the air every night in Santa Fe, where the altitude-nearly 7,000 feet-ensures that even summer evenings are crisp enough for locals to light up their kiva fireplaces. The scent is a constant presence in this ever-changing city, where thick-walled adobe buildings nearly 400 years old stand cheek-by-jowl with avant-garde art galleries and edgy modern restaurants. It's a reminder that, despite its vibrant population of skiers and hikers, painters and photographers, alternative healers, hippies, and gays, this city is strongly connected to its Spanish-Native American heritage-and to the pristine landscape that surrounds it."
The weather is four-season perfect - not too hot in the summer, little snow in the winter (except on the ski mountain, which got the best snow in the country this year), and fall is truly spectacular, with the aspens turning a brilliant gold in the mountains.
- Buzzy restaurants
- Too many to list, but we are the experts on local dining!
- Cool bars
- Inn at the Anasazi, St. Francis Hotel
- Cozy cafés
- We will be happy to share out favorites, depending upon the season
- Retail therapy
- Santa Fe is filled with fantastic art galleries and boutiques
- Bit of culture
- World-class museums, the Santa Fe Opera, theater, rich Native American and Hispanic heritage, great festivals
- Walks in the park
- Dale Ball trails 5 minutes away, great hiking in the Santa Fe National Forest within 20 minutes
- Spot of exercise
- Nothing beats the outdoors, but there are great gyms and yoga classes everywhere
- Day tripping
- Taos, Abiquiu (Georgia O'Keeffe's inspiration), the Pecos River, Bandolier National Park, Los Alamos.....the list goes on and on
3 things about us
- We are a middle-aged couple with grown kids. Our "family" now is a 9-year old cat.
- We moved to Santa Fe from California over three years ago because we fell in love with the area. We run events associated with the restaurant industry in New Mexico. (This makes us very knowledgable about where to eat here, which we are happy to share!)
- We love food, wine, scuba diving, skiing (one of us), hiking and photography.
Our dream swap destinations
- United States
Our ideal times
- 26th May - 21st July