Austin, Texas | 4 Bed
Beautiful Hill-Country Estate
Sleeps 8 | Bedrooms 4 | Bathrooms 5
Beautiful Hill-Country Estate
25 minutes from Austin Texas. Just minutes to lovely Lake Travis
Live music, shopping, Texas cowboy culture, Lake access, etc.
- Cable TV
- Equipped for kids
About our home
Our home sits on 20 acres in a fabulous, friendly neighborhood one mile from beautiful Lake Travis. Our property is a private entertainment wonderland with a pool with waterfalls, a hottub, baseball diamond, volleyball court, and creek where we often see white-tail deer. There is also a lovely pool-cabana with an outdoor grill, sauna and tropical outside shower. Also in our outdoor entertainment area is a wood-burning pizza oven, large smoker/Bar-B-Q and pool table.
Some other amenities include a tranquil, 1000 gallon aquarium, master bath with garden tub, rain shower and bidet. There is also a study and an informal living area with a TV/movie projector and screen.
Our home has a gourmet kitchen with stainless, professional grade appliances, granite counters and two dining areas.
We also belong to a lake club with a lazy-river pool, waterslide, restaurant etc. that we may be able to include with the swap to enjoy seasonally.
Austin is a favorite destination in Texas. It has a wonderful live-music scene, lots of water sports, great museums, the capital, and the University of Texas. We can help you plan a wonderful visit to Texas. San Antonio is about an hour and a half away, with the famous River Walk, and the Alamo. Dallas and Houston are about 3 hours away.
- Buzzy restaurants
- Trading Post restaurant and wine bar, Maudis, Gumbos etc. in Bee Cave, The Cypress Club at the Reserve...Too many to list in Austin.
- Cool bars
- Roccos in Lake Way, Famous 6th Street and warehouse district in Austin
- Cozy cafés
- La Cabana , Lakeside Cafe, Blue Bonnet Cafe famous for its pies
- Retail therapy
- The recently completed Hill Country Galleria in Bee Cave. Fabulous shopping in Austin. The Domain is a favorite. Also the Outlet Mall in San Marcos is wonderful for bargains.
- Bit of culture
- Austin Lyric Opera, Austin Symphony, Ballet etc. Zachary Scott Theater. Austin's nick name is the "Live Music Capital of the World" The Backyard outdoor concert venue is a 10 minute drive from the house.
- Walks in the park
- Our home is on 20 acres of a park-like setting. The neighbor hood also has a creek swimming area. The Lake Club is gorgeous, and the hike and bike trail in Austin runs along a lake through town and through Zilker Park.
- Spot of exercise
- We have an elliptical, stationary bike, and weight machine at the house. There is also a Yoga studio and Gold's Gym in Bee Cave.
- Day tripping
- Touring the wineries of the Hill Country. There are boats to rent on Lake Travis. Pedernales Falls State Park, and many more wonderful natrural Hill Country parks to explore. Fredrickburg is a fabulous, quaint, small town with great antique shopping.
3 things about us
- We are a couple with three very well behaved children a 16 year old girl and two boys ages 13 and 11. We will be homeschooling next year(2014/2015) so we will be more flexible.
- We work together in Real Estate primarily in the apartment business.
- We are a very active family who loves to travel. We adore boating, hiking, skiing, and spending time together exploring new places.
Our dream swap destinations
Our ideal times
- Any time