Booking rentals through our site is a simple process, done through a short series of messages between the Guest (who wants to book) and the Host (who owns the home).
Agreeing a rental in a few simple steps...
- Guest sends an enquiry proposing dates they want to book
- Host selects 'Edit Trip Details' option in the discussion to confirm dates, nightly rate and optional security deposit
- Guest agrees to the details of the trip as presented by the host
- Payment is made and trip is booked
Finding homes available to rent
Our search page allows you select the type of trip you're looking for - Swap, Points or Rent. Simply choose 'Rent' from the trip type drop down box when you choose your dates and search.
This will return results showing homes that members have made available to rent as well as the guideline price where it has been set.
When you've found a home you like simply enquire and select 'Rent' under the 'Preferred way to travel' section of the enquiry. If you would like to negotiate the price you can simply raise this in your message to the home owner.
What if you don't have a home to list and simply want to rent?
We have a sister site that offers a large selection of our top rental homes - perfect for discerning travellers who want a stylish property but don't have home of their own to swap. If you are not yet a member you can set up a simple profile for free and start making enquiries today - visit our rental only site.
Tips from our team
- Under your search options, try limiting your search to Vacation Homes - they're likely to have better availability.
- Select the option to 'show homes that have reviews' when you're searching. You'll get a clear idea of other members' experiences in the property.
Better holidays for homeowners
Love Home Swap is the world’s largest online travel club. Holiday like a local — stay in amazing homes and enjoy insider tips from a community of helpful hosts
- Most homes, Best locations
- Over 180,000 local travel tips
- Most flexible travel options
- Safe and secure
- Trusted community